Disco 3 A frame front guard

RadBadNow

Howdy!

Does anyone know where I can find a slightly used A frame guard for my LR3? Preferably winch ready... but not a must. I've looked at all the front bumpers and there isn't a single one that I'm too crazy about. They all have great features but also flaws. My LR3 is getting ready for a segmented overland world tour.

Cheers 

roverpat

Observer
There is a new bumper coming out from the UK. it follows the dimensions of the stock bumper and is winch ready with extraction points. Torque UK is the company. give them a call as it is not public knowledge yet.

RadBadNow

There is a new bumper coming out from the UK. it follows the dimensions of the stock bumper and is winch ready with extraction points. Torque UK is the company. give them a call as it is not public knowledge yet.

Do you happen to have a contact or link for Torque UK? My searches have not yielded anything significant.

A.J.M

Explorer
I saw that bar in person in September at a Land Rover show.

Was a nice bit of kit.
£600 is for starting bumper.
It went up if you wanted/needed fog lights, front parking sensors, the led side lights and the upper bar for spot lights.

It came with Raptor coating and winch locations.

My only concern was the upper bar isn't welded in place but bolted and so wouldn't take much damage.
They were nice people to talk to, they are also making a rear bumper with swing away carrier ability.
Spoke to them at great length over that and what other bumpers offer and what I saw as good points for them.

I saw that bar in person in September at a Land Rover show.

Was a nice bit of kit.
£600 is for starting bumper.
It went up if you wanted/needed fog lights, front parking sensors, the led side lights and the upper bar for spot lights.

It came with Raptor coating and winch locations.

My only concern was the upper bar isn't welded in place but bolted and so wouldn't take much damage.
They were nice people to talk to, they are also making a rear bumper with swing away carrier ability.
Spoke to them at great length over that and what other bumpers offer and what I saw as good points for them.

I actually like the bolted bar since you can remove it and if damage does take place its an easier repair if the inserts on the bumper don't rip out. Correct though, not as strong as the welded and sleeved route for most bull bumpers.

I still do not plan to use my bumper to rock crawl or hammer on stuff. Rock crawlers use them for leverage and sliding, my bumper will never get that abuse unless absolutely needed. Hence why I want to build an aluminum bumper cover option over the steel winch plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz