Shafter Trail - Scary Ride. But beautiful

pluton

Adventurer
Very nice quality video. I always prefer to go down the first time on the narrow, scary ones.
What camera was used to shoot the windshield angle?

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
That was great. Usually I can't sit through 7 minutes of dashcam video - but the commentary and the music made it pretty enjoyable. As always, photos/video don't do justice, I guess, to the severity of an obstacle or trail. It sure didn't look that scary (from my desk chair....)

KHJPHOTO

Adventurer
It's kinda cute that you found the Shafer Trail scary.

Yeah, OK, so I should have titled the piece "A casual drive on a road". Uh huh, no one would watch it!

Got an idea: next one will be really scary - Driving the roads and highways with idiot drivers. That outta do it!

Lynnrb

Observer
The "Shafer" trail seem to always get a wide range of reactions from travelers. Some say they will never do it again, other don't even mention the the switchback section.

doubleroses

Adventurer
I did it earlier this year and didn't think too much of it. If you think that trail has a pucker factor on the switchbacks you need to go down Black Bear Pass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Judoka

Learning To Live
Yeah, OK, so I should have titled the piece "A casual drive on a road". Uh huh, no one would watch it!

Got an idea: next one will be really scary - Driving the roads and highways with idiot drivers. That outta do it!

Now THAT is truly petrifying !
Don't let 'em get you down man. EVERYBODY has their limits! I can remember being afraid to go up a small gatekeeper on a trail out in Florence Junction AZ with a very built Jeep, yet I have taken my Ram up and down the Staircase on Broken Arrow without hesitation. I have personally taken part in two rescue and recoveries on that trail where overconfident drivers put their Rubicons on their sides! Do YOUR Thing!

Judoka

Learning To Live
I did it earlier this year and didn't think too much of it. If you think that trail has a pucker factor on the switchbacks you need to go down Black Bear Pass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pucker indeed! The penalty for failure is rather STEEP! Done it in a Jeep. Not so sure I would run it in my Ram.

petefuller

I notice everyone is driving on the inside edge of the trail ( as would I be , while quietly leaving fingerprints in the steering wheel.) great video and looks like an amazing place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles