DIY Electrical System for old FWC

mtnman4life

All,

I recently got a mid 90's Four Wheel Camper shell model and am looking to add a few luxuries. In particular I would like to add a battery system to power some LED strip lights, Fan Tastic Fan, and possibly a fridge and water pump in the future.

Right now my goal is to get lights and the fan/vent running for the winter. I believe the camper has some minimal electrical wiring in it including a hook up to the truck battery and also to a generator or land line. I want to be able to charge the system while driving and hook up a generator when not driving.

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for parts and construction or links to somewhere that could help me out.

Trying to keep it simple but reliability and durability are important.

Cheers,
Anders

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
Anders,

In my build thread I document wiring up a stripped older Grandby, including solar, battery setup, battery monitoring, fusing, power distribution, LED lights, refrigerator and MaxxFan wiring. I will be adding alternator charging this winter (even though I haven't needed it yet).

ahttp://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/9972-renovating-sköldpaddan-–-1977-grandby-interior-build/

jim

Cummins_expo

Adventurer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz