AIR SUSPENSION TRANSFER RELIEF VALVE

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Anyone know a wight up on this repair? I'm going flat on the front suspension over two days on both side and it seems like this is the likely culprit.

roverpat

Observer
Do you mean the valve block? Its located on the back of the front bumper support. You can access through the RH wheel arch I think. if both sides are bleeding down that would be a good starting point. Any codes?

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
No codes but intermittent Faults.

If you have faults, then you have codes...

A write up isn't really necessary as you just disconnect everything and reverse the removal procedure. I would recommend just doing one air line at a time so that you don't mix them up, or else take a picture. Remove the old fittings from the lines and just shove the lines into the new fittings that come installed to the valve block.

GORM

Adventurer
I was successful in removing, diassembling and rebuilding my front valve block. No rebuild kit, just cleaning and reassembling. This was gratifying, but did not really address the root cause.

It was followed a few months later repacing the rear valve block (which Is really hard to get out). Then putting in a rebuild kit on the compressor (new dessicant, filters, etc). The compressor ultimately failed and I had it replaced. All this within maybe 15-20k miles. No issues anymore.

I was pulling fuses and leaving doors open and measuring suspension drop overnight to diagnois.

Your valve block could be getting "stuck" from dessicant powder which has broken down and flowing around the air system.

morrisdl

Adventurer
Easy job. Deflate the EAS with a GAP iidtool before pulling hoses off the block. OR, remove the 1st one very slowly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior