What parts from the rear axle do I need for retrofitting 1998 locker to 2000?

freewayross

Adventurer
My 2000 gen 2.5 doesn't have a rear locker, have an opportunity to get parts from a 1998 with locker. So far here's what I gathered

1. Got the R/D switch
2. Will get the air pump
3. will get the locker ECU
4. Need your help with parts needed from rear axle

I wanted to avoid pulling out the whole axle and instead just get the parts in the axle from the donor vehicle (Is that even possible?). Does the whole axle need to be dropped to take the shafts out? If not can someone help me with what all do I need to pull out from the donor axle?

Thank you.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Swapping the whole axle is so easy, I'd do that. And I'd toss the computer thing, hard wire the switch to the pump and add some kind of indicator light to tell you it's on, that way you can have a locked rear in 2WD or 4HI if you want.

John B.

tyty13

Adventurer
My 2000 gen 2.5 doesn't have a rear locker, have an opportunity to get parts from a 1998 with locker. So far here's what I gathered

1. Got the R/D switch
2. Will get the air pump
3. will get the locker ECU
4. Need your help with parts needed from rear axle

I wanted to avoid pulling out the whole axle and instead just get the parts in the axle from the donor vehicle (Is that even possible?). Does the whole axle need to be dropped to take the shafts out? If not can someone help me with what all do I need to pull out from the donor axle?

Thank you.

You also need
rear left axle shaft from 98-99 gen2.5 w/ locker (I need this!!)SRs are different

snare

Adventurer
Swapping the whole axle is so easy, I'd do that. And I'd toss the computer thing, hard wire the switch to the pump and add some kind of indicator light to tell you it's on, that way you can have a locked rear in 2WD or 4HI if you want.

John B.
Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94