FRP Flip-Pac for small truck FOR SALE

Spansfelder

This looks sweet!

I would have a few questions though. Since FRP is out of business, is there a way to source replacement torsion bars?

Do you know how old it is? Any known issues? First owner?

Thanks

Last edited:

tacoluv

Observer
flippac torsion bar

Sway-A-Way does make the bar, and I installed mine 2 months ago and it works fine. I appreciate that so many Flippac owners will be able to extend the life of this great camper. I hope someone will grab on to this concept and truly redesign and rectify some design flaws. Main one being the rain fly never was more than a sponge that soaked the tent eventually. I took mine to Alaska right after it was installed at FRP and we got soaked several times. Note to sunny coast builders - a tent is not a sun screen!

DVexile

Adventurer
Main one being the rain fly never was more than a sponge that soaked the tent eventually. I took mine to Alaska right after it was installed at FRP and we got soaked several times. Note to sunny coast builders - a tent is not a sun screen!

You mean the tent itself? Or the FRP made separate rain fly? Or the SLO-sail separate rain fly?

inter17

This looks sweet!

I would have a few questions though. Since FRP is out of business, is there a way to source replacement torsion bars?

Do you know how old it is? Any known issues? First owner?

Thanks

I'm not actually sure of the age, Judging by the marks on the windows it's a 2000 though. As mentioned in the thread, another source for the torsion bar may have been located and not a moment too soon. Even if FRP was still in business I don't think I could stomach ordering another bar from them anyway. Only known issues I've got with the shell are some minor wear spots and two small holes on the tent from use. I am the second owner of the shell, the first owner bought it and drove to alaska from texas.

inter17

Sway-A-Way does make the bar, and I installed mine 2 months ago and it works fine. I appreciate that so many Flippac owners will be able to extend the life of this great camper. I hope someone will grab on to this concept and truly redesign and rectify some design flaws. Main one being the rain fly never was more than a sponge that soaked the tent eventually. I took mine to Alaska right after it was installed at FRP and we got soaked several times. Note to sunny coast builders - a tent is not a sun screen!

I've been in a deluge with the slo rain fly and didn't leak a drop. Condensation is another matter, but it is a tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior