Trade Disoc for LR3

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Wife doesn't like it because it's loud and old hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Friend would rather take their Ford Rapters out to explore.

I would be happy to Drive the Transit daily.

Do you not have a/c? I've never spent any real amount of time driving a diesel Disco, but every Disco I have had has been comfortable year round and pretty damn quiet compared to my Defender The heat in my 300 Tdi 110 worked great once I took care of all of the air leaks from the door seals and bulkhead. I think you could make improvements to your Disco to make it more drivable, but that will never make it a Sprinter if that is what you truly want.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have AC. It's just dose t blow hard. And to be honest I have never been comfertable running it vary long. The only time I will is when my Wife is in the truck. Other wise I just keep the windows down. In the winter the heater it fine. Is far as how loud it is that heist that it's a Diesel.

AbnMike

Observer
The LR3 will be easier to sell later on vs. the D1. .

You think so? Diesel D1's, even ones that started gas but converted, seem to sell quickly and for a nice penny. I think D1 prices will go up, being dragged up by the huge increase in RR Classic prices. I mean I can't fathom why Classic prices with the same drivetrain and "problems" as the Discoveries are so outpacing them without Discoveries catching up soon.

Any Discovery still on the road likely has had any gremlins well taken care of by now, and I think the market will start to realize that.

Could be wrong.

Last edited:

LR Max

Local Oaf
In the past, yeah. But it seems like this year, converted D1s seem to sit on the market. Owners are asking for $12~15k for a truck that obviously has rust issues. Hard to swallow that when the same budget gets you a very nice LR3 or gets you most of the way on an LR4. Sure you don't get the mpg of the diesel, but you get SO MUCH better of everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior