Selling my overland ready built Suburban

SexyExy

Observer
I'd thought I'd post this here since somebody may be looking for a built full sized rig. Since nearly all the drive train is interchangeable between this body style pickup and Blazer, it may be of interest to those looking for very heavy duty parts for their existing truck. Ad is on Craigslist in Sacramento under "1986 Suburban Lifted Beast"

The kids are gone and it's time to downsize. Used mainly for camping, exploring, hunting and family adventures when the kids were still living with us. Truck is the last year available with a carburetor and no catalytic converters. I've owned this truck nearly 23 years and bought it from the original owner. I painted it in the late 90's and the clear coat on the top of the roof is peeling/fading and the hood is staring to fade. Other than that its in great running shape, super easy to work on even in remote locations since it has not one computer on it, lol. Truck passes California smog no problem. It would make a great overlanding, hunting or bug out vehicle.

I'm looking at downsizing into something like a LR3/LR4 or GX470 or equivalent V8 4Runner.

SexyExy

Observer
Thanks for the positive comments.....I wasn't allowed to post the link, how do you do that?

I will also update the ad to show the truck comes with an extra set of 17" Hummer H2 rims and a 16 lb tank of R12 freon for the AC system. I did not feel that upgrading an R12 system to R134 was efficient so I bought a tank of R12 for my vehicles still using R12. As of now, this Suburban is the only R12 vehicle I have left.

Because of life changes and work/family obligations with elderly parents, I don't see myself being able to take 5 to 8 day "adventure" trips like I use to when the kids were living with us. I picked this year Suburban knowing that it could be fixed in the field easily. The idea of having to drop a fuel tank in the field to change out a high pressure fuel pump makes no sense to me. With this truck, I figured if you had an extra fuel pump, alternator, water pump, fuel filter and distributor, there wasn't much to stop this truck from running short of throwing a rod or something catastrophic.

Although I really hate to sell any of my vehicles (kept this one for 23 years, lol) the thing I'll miss the most is the memories those vehicles provided. I still have a street only Excursion for hauling family, in-laws, etc to events/dinners but even that is getting to big to easily fit into parking spaces, underground garages, etc. It seems every year the parking lot spots are getting smaller, more cramped and harder to find. Plus, our parents are getting too old to climb into the Excursion easily and I may eventually sell it too but I've owned that truck since new and I love driving it for road trips....it really is like driving your couch down the freeway.

The wife has a Range Rover Sport SC that is awesome because it lowers for easier access, but can only carry 4 people comfortably, 5 cramped. An LR3/LR4 might be the perfect compromise for me to drive with 7 seat capability when needed and air ride access mode when playing taxi driver. It will have plenty of off road potential even stock for my 1 to 2 day getaways I now try to do.

Now I'm educating myself to decide if I want to go LR3 or LR4.

dbreid

Adventurer
As a man who loves Square body suburbans, that is a NICE truck. And priced well. Good stuff, and good luck with the sale.

rayra

Expedition Leader
man that engine compartment looks familiar. I still have the '85 C-10 in my sig. Other than one protracted bout with random ignition-killing electrical gremilins related to the spark advance computer, it's like the OP stated. Super easy to fix and maintain SBC. Part of why I still have mine and it still runs after all these years. I had intended to sell it when I bought my Suburban 2yrs ago, but there it sits.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Exy that is one incredible :Wow1:`Burb´you are selling. Whoever buys that rig is getting a great ride at an even better price. I can understand you not wanting to part with her. I hope the sale goes well. Cheers, Chilli..:)

SexyExy

Observer
Exy that is one incredible :Wow1:`Burb´you are selling. Whoever buys that rig is getting a great ride at an even better price. I can understand you not wanting to part with her. I hope the sale goes well. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Hey Chilli,

It just got sold to a great young family with two active small boys.....I'm really happy they choose it because those two boys are going to have a blast camping out of it or even using it as their "fort". To a 7 year old the inside of an empty Suburban looks huge with endless possibilities.

I will admit though, it's going to feel a little weird not seeing the old girl everyday......

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Chilli,

It just got sold to a great young family with two active small boys.....I'm really happy they choose it because those two boys are going to have a blast camping out of it or even using it as their "fort". To a 7 year old the inside of an empty Suburban looks huge with endless possibilities.

I will admit though, it's going to feel a little weird not seeing the old girl everyday......

I am glad the `Burb´went to a good home. They could not have gotten a better deal. Had the truck been for sale this summer I would have bought it!:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94