High Output Flashlights

craig333

Expedition Leader
Not true about rechargeables not holding a charge. Investigate the eneloops.

Its nice to have an assortment.

S5300060.jpg

CSG

Explorer
I've been a fan of the Gladius Night Ops for a few years now. At the time it was released there was nothing better. I'm sure there are competitive and better models now but I've had little interest in upgrading as this one does so well. I also have little Fenix E01's in all my kits.

http://www.night-ops.com/ledhandheld.html

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I second the Olight products and the batteryjunction.com site for good products and excellent service.

I've been using a Olight T20 for my every day light for a long time. I have one mounted on my shotgun too.

EMrider

Explorer
I've had a couple of the fenix LD20s for the past year and am very happy with their performance. I chose these because they run on AAs as do many other bits of equipment. Did not want to have to keep another size battery in stock. They throw a ton of light on highest power mode and last a long time on the lower power settings.
R

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I am thinking about getting the Fenix TK12. Does anyone have any input on this flashlight?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-tk12.html

I like lights that take cr123a batteries. The batteries are shelf stable for 10 years and will only loose about 1% of their charge per year. They will not leak and destroy your light. They can be discharged and thrown in the trash without recycling. You can get them for $1 each if you shop around.

I think lights that take this type of battery are especially good in the gun safe, glove box, or emergency kit for this reason.

The Fenix you are interested in is similar to my Olight except the Olight is more "plain" looking. The Fenix lights I have seen in person were well made and seem like a good value. Good luck.

CJCA

Adventurer
I've seen the Fenix and really like the strobe modes.

However, I got this for $29.99 at CostCo with a Cree LED and 145 Lumens. It has a heavy stainless body and switch on the end cap. Uses 6 AAA batteries and has a sheath. Too heavy for backpacking but makes for a rugged light to keep in the truck

I borrowed these pictures from another forum
LM500009Small.jpg

Costco often has good deals on flashlights.

I bought a couple as well. Inexpensive, bright, sheath and AAA power. Well worth the price. The AAA battery usage is what sold me, not having to search for less commonly used specialty batteries. But you're right, they are heavy buggers.

rctr03

Adventurer
i have a collection of surefire lights! i think they are expensive but i have enjoyed them for 5 years.
jimmy

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Thanks. There are some good reviews on this light on the candle power forum so I picked one up with the light diffuser they sell. Let you know how it works out.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-tk12.html

I like lights that take cr123a batteries. The batteries are shelf stable for 10 years and will only loose about 1% of their charge per year. They will not leak and destroy your light. They can be discharged and thrown in the trash without recycling. You can get them for $1 each if you shop around.

I think lights that take this type of battery are especially good in the gun safe, glove box, or emergency kit for this reason.

The Fenix you are interested in is similar to my Olight except the Olight is more "plain" looking. The Fenix lights I have seen in person were well made and seem like a good value. Good luck.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I'm interested in hearing your feedback when you've used it some.

I also like the cr123a batteries they sell at batteryjunction for $1. They work as well as the more expensive Surefire batteries they give me at work.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I bought one of the Surefire Saint Minimus as soon as they were available a few months back. Love it!!! Absolutely the best and most useful simple headlamp I've used to date. Not cheap but I'd flat out buy it again if not two :coffeedrink:

RPDjeep

I carry the streamlight led strion, which is rechargeable and has an excellant working time. Got this when it came out a few months ago and love it. Prior to getting the led model, i carried the regular strion.

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
I have a Fenix TK21 mounted in the jeep and a Lumapower Encore for everyday carry. both uses 18650 rechargable batteries.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I have had the Fenix TK11 for the last year and love it. Well made and very bright. Mine also uses the CR123 batteries. Your going to be happy with the TK12 for sure. :wings:

Turtle

After reading alot of the reviews at the candlepower forums, I decided to get the iTP C8 (two AA) along with the extra bodies to make it a C7 (single AA) or C9 (single CR123) (goinggear.com offers the extra bodies when ordering iTP flashlights). It is incredibly bright and well made. I decided to buy one for both my brothers and my Dad after seeing how nice it functioned. Strange how much fun a cool little flashlight brings with it :)

No matter which of the better made LED flashlights anybody goes with, most of them will make you much happier than with a standard flashlight. :)

I'd like to buy another flashlight with a larger lense for better light throw to compliment my smaller iTP C7,8,9 version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94