High Output Flashlights

ThomD

Explorer
I bought one of the Surefire Saint Minimus as soon as they were available a few months back. Love it!!! Absolutely the best and most useful simple headlamp I've used to date. Not cheap but I'd flat out buy it again if not two :coffeedrink:

Oh great. Now "need" a new headlamp. :drool:

J*C*M

Traveller
I've been using a Surefire 6P for years now, only down side was the battery usage, and lamp life. Just switched in a LED lamp. It is now perfect. Parts are easy to come by, but it barely matters cuz you can beat the hell out of these things, mount it to a weapon or use it underwater, it's good to go.

davegonz

Explorer
My brother-in-law recently gave me a Quark Mini 123 from 4Sevens. It is tiny and fits easily in my pocket and is bright as hell.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_355&products_id=2045

4SevensQuarkMiNi123_800x536.jpg

theksmith

Explorer
i have a Terralux TLE-300m 700 lumen upgraded 4 "D" cell mag lite that i like for mine shafts or searching around camp at night.

however, if i need to actually traverse a cave or something where i dont' want to lug the heavy mag light, i usually take a petzl headlamp and an EagleTac P20A2 which i got because it's the current brightest "AA" comercial LED light available and comes in neutral white... i hate the traditional cold white LED, and i don't fancy CR123 batteries that much either, so this lite is perfect for me

to the OP, fenix lights are great too, they really drove all innovation in the high output LED flashlight industry for a while and were first to put out a good neutral white LED light.

Cacher

Observer
The only good flashlight I ever had was a 4AA cell stick that had the normal flashlight end on it, but was made so you could pull the round end casing out to form a 360* floodlight with the round clear circular outer casing ring that was built into it. To this day I still can't remember wher I purchased it-would swear it was from Mac tools, etc.-to find another one, and that SUCKS!

ThomD

Explorer
The only good flashlight I ever had was a 4AA cell stick that had the normal flashlight end on it, but was made so you could pull the round end casing out to form a 360* floodlight with the round clear circular outer casing ring that was built into it. To this day I still can't remember wher I purchased it-would swear it was from Mac tools, etc.-to find another one, and that SUCKS!

You mean something like this?
campingsurvival_2087_327748590

rdgt4r

Deree lights are are amazing. I have many flashlights and these take the cake in terms of light output and size. Great personal/compact lights.

ert01

Adventurer
CR123A's don't have the battery life necessary to make a good flashlight (in my opinion) and they are too expensive.

A protected lithium 18650 cell is a much better option. Better life, rechargeable and cheap. I believe 18650's are going to be the new AA cell...

For a small light i carry a AAA light from ITP...the A3 EOS upgraded which has 3 settings and works great. For a larger light i am carrying the AA setup from www.4sevens.com with nothing but great results so far. It has all the modes i could ever want and it was not a swift kick to the nuts like my surefires.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Deree lights are are amazing. I have many flashlights and these take the cake in terms of light output and size. Great personal/compact lights.

Thanks much for the referral, I just got their new Javelin in the mail from Hong Kong yesterday. VERY impressed with the output for an AA flashlight! To my eyes it is brighter than the venerable SureFire 6Ps that I have had for years. Well made and shipped pretty quick considering it came from the other side of the planet. Without ExPo I would never have heard of them....

Thanks!

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like many of the new LEDs are now being offered with the new Cree XM-L modules. They are putting out even more light in the same tiny housings. It might be time to upgrade. Some of the same housing are getting an extra 100 to 200 more lumens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles