Nissan Patrol

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
shortymav said:
here is the new car, sorry for the confustion the old one was pictured above the new one is below

135l fuel capacity from factory :D

P1000199.jpg

P1000198.jpg

P1000196.jpg
That is such a cool lokin truck... I LOVE the Skinny tires, and the snow pics are great... I gotta say though, I can't get over how much it looks like an 80 series Cruiser, it's really kinda Odd. Love it though espescialy the Hood Scoop.

Cheers

Dave

shortymav

Observer
Put in the UHF today just a small GME tx3400 with remote head, the main body is hidden up above the blove box nice and high and the remote heat is mounted on the trim piece next to the gear lever so night drives the backlight doesnt hurt your night vision

comming in the next few weeks are slider's drawers and a fridge slide maybe aswell.

JeffWA

Sounds like how I did my remote head Uniden. I put my UHF above the glove box where the passenger side airbag would go and the remote head right here: ( I also whacked an external GME speaker under it )

2402669623_02c9a627c9.jpg

bigdog

Adventurer
man, those are some great pictures - but ******** is too cold for me!

:suning:

needed that just to thaw out

shortymav

Observer
bit of an update, drawers are under construction, intially out of 20x20 box section steel, then when im happy with teh design they will be made out of 20x20 alluminium :D for a weight saving

also finished a rear table, but not fitted yet made out of some scrap 10mm thick alluminium plate at work, milled out the inside 3mm so anything that falls over will not spill over the rear door. trying to figure out how to mount it with some small gas struts like on a car bonnet

Work has been pretty good to me, im an apprentice and they give me and the other boys free use of there tools, welding bay, tool room (mill lathe ect :D) and scrap material. also my boss gives me a hand doing some of the trickier stuff

shortymav

Observer
OH yeah worlds apart from the mav, its got aircon :D still no cruise control, manual windows!

but for distance driving its much more comfy, stops better, uses less fuel ect

well planning our newyears trip, going to be a shakedown run for the rigs we have all (3 best mates) picked up new to us cars, 2 x 03 TD6 GU patrols and one 99 turbo diesel 100 series cruiser. so 6-9 days up in the malle country going to be hot but good, then should have a trip to the strezleci ranges or similar planned that will be 2 weeks or so.

Now i have a dead line of the end of the year to get the rig the way i want it, on an apprentice wage this will be no mean feat.

rear table, needs to be installed
drawers, need to get my *** into gear
3" lift kit installed - sitting in my room
stronger arms made up - get off my ***!

canvas awning purchased

Spikepretorius

Explorer
That's odd
*** is a donkey and ******** is the actual swearword. But then you Americans did have a knack of getting the English language a bit muddled

shortymav

Observer
small update finished my sliders :D

just have to mount them to the chassis, plate steel is welded to the chassis and the sliders then bolt up to those plates, using high tensile bolts

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8749.jpg

IMG_8750.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier