Nissan Patrol

shortymav

Observer
Small update

Pictures of sliders mounted

PC160049.jpg

PC160050.jpg

also made a shelf for my fridge replacing 1/2 of the rear seats
its anchored at the front with long brackets from the original seat bolt hole, and at the rear they are mounted on the cargo barrier with plate sandwiched between the cargo barrier and the bracket

PC160047.jpg

PC160048.jpg

Last edited:

shortymav

Observer
well i cant fault the old girl she went 1500km of driving with no problems, beach, corrogations ect, looks like i need some wider tyres and a few more mods to the way i pack my gear ect here is a few pics from the trip

Half packed with gear, only swag and rucksack to go
PC240054.jpg

P1050102.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

some of the scenery and tracks

P1040092.jpg

P1050105.jpg

P1050106.jpg

shortymav

Observer
few updated pics well two!
running MTZ's now has a mean stance and love the tyres.
finished installing my on board air no pics of that yet, 12v compresser 1/2 horsepower to 7l tank probly going to install another tank inline or a bigger tank.

P4100225.jpg

quick camp setup in the Victorian High country,
3122_79296097550_632732550_2120206_.jpg

view from my swag, and first crossing of the day
3122_79296162550_632732550_2120207_.jpg

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nice rig, and nice beach pics. They remind me a lot of the Outer Banks of North Carolina here....of course, your beach pics are way cooler simply because they are in Oz! Nice Patrol, good looking truck. Kudos.

shortymav

Observer
Well its been a long time comming but ive finally got my ******** into gear and building a new drawer system after the old one was poorly designed and built in a hurry!

quick mockup of what i expect to get from google sketchup,
drawers.jpg

missing some supports as my computer skills arent to crash hot! will have ply sides and top piece contoured to suit the car and the rear part will house my compressor and airtank up against my cargo barrier.

purchased the steel today and started cutting up the pieces and hope to start welding it together on Sat, then need to get the wood sorted for the top, sheet metal for the drawers sized and built up aswell as aquire some runners.

work just aquired a new sheet metal bender so drawers should be a good test for it, hopefully more pics to follow!

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Shortymav~
I'm enjoying the build. I would like to know more about your fender flairs around your wheel wells. It looks to be a heave rubber material. I would like to do the same on my rig to keep the spray down.

shortymav

Observer
Its a flare sold in 4wd shops here, I think its called bushranger but ill have to find out, comes in a big roll, has a lip for the guard you cut to length insert steel wire to stop sag (got mine second hand no wire) and then tek screw or rivet it onto the guards.

I got them to stay road legal, our rules in australia are ******t house

shortymav

Observer
well didnt get much done on sat because I worked so sunday I got a bit more done

drawers001.jpg

drawers003.jpg

single car garage and driveway workshop :Wow1: I hate it!

drawers002.jpg

drawers004.jpg

looking more like drawers :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles