Nissan Patrol

shortymav

Observer
I should mention this will be a slow build as im an apprentice Fitter and turner and well apprentice wages suck!

Well ive done some growing up i sold my old GQ patrol 4.2 diesel Short Wheelbase

and got this :D

P1000198.jpg

here the old rig
P1030800-1.jpg

The new rigs specs are as follows
the good bits
4.2 turbo intercooled diesel engine
150l fuel storage
2" Old man Emu lift
snorkle
cargo barrier
driving lights
winch
bullbar

gotta make a rear storage system for the fridge 50l waeco, add some water storage, hot shower system and then start thinking about what else i can do!
pics will come soon

Last edited:

vengeful

Explorer
Just a wild guess here, but by the screen name "shortymav" and the Ford Badge, I'd have to say his Patrol is actually a SWB Ford Maverick. Identical in every way to the Nissan Patrol, just with a Ford emblem on it, and very possibly, a lower price tag.

Congrats on the new rig.

Oh, and this thread is worthless without pics!! :shakin:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
you're right, they do look alike :p (stupid auto manufacturers, why do we have to keep reusing names?)

shaw_simpson_72_grabber.jpg

shortymav

Observer
here is the new car, sorry for the confustion the old one was pictured above the new one is below

135l fuel capacity from factory :D

P1000199.jpg

P1000198.jpg

P1000196.jpg

2K54X4

Adventurer
Sweet pics! Those snow pics are beautiful. Makes me long for winter, I love wheeling in the snow.

shortymav

Observer
Bought and wired up a dual battery system on the weekend :D
ARB dual batt tray and system
also extended the diff breathers using pnematic fittings and 8mm hose

mrbishi

Adventurer
Cool mate - what batteries did you fit?

Did you get the SurePower 1314 battery isolator with the ARB kit?

I picked one up from ARB and after about a year it started working intermittently. I pulled it apart the other day, took it out of its case, gave it a good shake and spray with WD40 and its back to working good as new. Just a tip if yours ever plays up.

JeffWA

Love the snow pictures! I've never seen snow in the flesh! :(

you're mate is obviously a kiwi hey? "hungy". :chowtime:

JeffWA

lol, of course. I should have guessed that! I guess I must have just been hungry when I looked at the photos! :peepwall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles