LOW BATTERY FUSO CANTER PROBLEM EXHAST BRAKE

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not familiar with the 2009 but I'm pretty sure earlier models use vacuum to activate the exhaust brake. More likely to be a vacuum problem.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
IFbattery is low exhaust brake how it works?

I would have commented earlier but had hoped that someone with a later Canter answered.
As Kerry has said that on the earlier Canters the exhaust brake is operated by a Vacuum Cylinder mounted to the exhaust brake unit (I'm hopeing the same on later Canters) but there is an electrical solenoid valve that turns the vacuum on and off as need be. Would this valve have a problem with low voltage and not work properly -- certainly possible . I guess the answer is fix the low Battery problem first and then trouble shoot the exhaust brake problem.
Maybe we also need more info on what you are actually chasing.

Dan.

dezatec

ok lets start .my truck has only 12000 kilometers i bought it new since 2009 as you understand the battery is time to change .
i drive 3 times very slow in the city 20 kilometers ropes never more than 2000.i stop use crane for 15 minutes and i stop the car.
after 5 minutes i get in the car and battery is almost empty it starts very hard after 20 seconds on start the key and then first check engine flashes
i drive again very slow because i was in town 20 kilometers never more than 2000 ropes and my car when i stop i start again i think dpf is full the car trys to make regeneration but the low battery sets the car in first chek flashin and it canot do this.is there any posibility the low battery couldnt turn the exhaust brake and the car tried to make parking regeneration when i used the crane and beacause i was driving very slow the battery never charged?

now i take off the battery and charge it with a charger i puted it on again started the car and now nothing is flashing for 5 minutes the car was working well but i am afraid to ride it in the road because i think i have and bad quality diesel in it i went in a mechanik after the flashing of the lamp and he said to me that he must clan an injector but i am not trust him and here in my city we dont have oficial fuso service in our island.i am afraid for the car is new please can you help?thanks zac

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Okay I'll start.
If the battery is the original one as in new in 2009 then it is probably at it end and should be replaced with a new one as it didn't seem to charge enough with the runs that you have done with it. It looks like it won't hold it's charge any more.
Do you have a check engine light on. If so then something needs looking at. With the mechanic saying that it needs to have an injector cleaned - Does it have a miss in the engine?
If you believe that it has bad diesel in it - drain it and fill with good diesel and change to new fuel filters.
I can't help with resetting check engine lights as my Canter doesn't have a engine computer but hopefully some one will chime in that does have one.

Dan.

dezatec

thaks dan i must find someone here who maybe knows canter models after 2009 the car has exhaust brake and i remembered that the light on the table doesn't work only the light i mean.the car is for long time waiting to find money to start searching but i dont know from where to start.i hope the official service will come soon to see the diagnostic tool what hapens
i must find someone here who maybe knows about the codes of the diagnoseis the code list i search. to find.

gait

Explorer
tackle the simple obvious first. New battery. That will probably change how everything else happens. Then look again at other symptoms / signs of things not working.

Do you have a diagnostic tool? I believe there are some general after market (not expensive) ones that will read 2009 vehicle. Someone here will have the right manual/doco.

dezatec

yes gait i want this simple thing to find someone to tell what kind of diagnostic tool i will find here to explain the code who we will see.
so i want someone who knows about models after 2009 ofcorse i will chek battery first.tomorow.and i will tell you.i am charging it all the night now.

dezatec

ok battery is good is on the truck no light flashing for 10 minutes working but the trucks ι go it only 1500 ropes beacause it is hiccough !!!!!

gait

Explorer
any colour smoke from exhaust - black or white?

when were fuel filter and air filter last replaced?

dezatec

i changed oil oil filter and fuel filter the same day that i saw the problem before 54 months from this day the truck is stoped.no i dont see smoke everything good.
now the car is stoped i cha rged the battery ok nothing flashes working on stop for 10 minutes but always is hiccough.

how can i see if the problem is in fuel the tank is in the middle.can i make bypass in a nother tank with new fuel to see what is goin on?
gait please help me if u know.

gait

Explorer
air filter as well? May be worth trying another new fuel filter.

is it turbo? Is that working correctly?

after that it gets a bit beyond do-it-yourself. Sometimes diesel fuel additives can help clean injectors.

dezatec

AI FILTER NO I HAVE NEVER CHANGE IT IS VERY CLEAR THE CAR HAS ONLY 12000 KILOMETERS ITS NEW

THE TURBO I DONT KNOW I FEEL ITS GOOD I DONT PUSH IT OVER 1500 ROPES PER MINUTE

IF THE INJECTORS HAVE PROBLEM OR ANOTHER PROBLEM CODE-HO MANY TIME AFTER THE CAR STARTS MUST FIRST CHECK START FLASHES?
BECAUSE THE CAR WORKS NOW ON STOP FOR 10 MINUTES WITH NOTHING FLASHES

THE FUEL FILTER IS NEW I DIDNT MAKE ANY KILOMETERS FROM 4 MONTHS AGO UNTIL TODAY

THE TANK IS IN HALF

I WONT TO TRY WITH ANOTHER WAY TO GIVE OTHER FUEL FROM OTHER BOTTLE OR TANK NEW CLEAR TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM IS IN FUEL QUALITY HOW CAN I DO THIS?CAN YOU HELP ME?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles