Warn M8000 VS VR8000

outofrshell

Adventurer
I know this subject has been hashed over and over but I just had to throw this this in the fire. I stripped the second stage planetary gears in my VR8000 winch, what was interesting was when looking to order the part the M & the VR have the same planetary gears along with the brake assembly. I didn't look at the motor but I would guess it it is also the same. There must be some components in the M that make it more expensive and legendary but the critical parts are the same in the VR making it a better buy for occasional user.
Also I want say that Warns warranty service is the best I have ever dealt with no hassle no BS just a simple we will get the part in the mail and E-Mail your proof of purchase Dave

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
Sorry to hear you had geartrain issues. When was that, out of curiosity?

Other differences include:
- Different Motors
- Different finishes
- Different line speeds
- VR8000 had solenoids, M8000 has a contactor
- Different remotes
- Different gears.

Early one, the VR had very similar gears to the M8000. However, the gearset in the VR series changed. I'm guessing you had an earlier VR winch?

Andy

outofrshell

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply I knew there had be some differences. My VR is 3.5 years old and has been rock solid till this happened but any inconvenience was more than made up by the customer service. Customer service and parts was a big factor in choosing this winch over others so a big AT A BOY to Warn. Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online