New flip pac and need some help

Doc187

Observer
I just mounted a flip pac to my Nissan Frontier. All that's left to do is instal the posts onto the front fenders to attach the struts. My question is how should I attach them? Rivets? Also any advice out there on how far forward to attach them? I have an idea based on where the struts fall when the camper is open but I'm not sure if I should have some weight on the mattress or if I should just pull it down a little to see where they fall.

Also, it's an older shell and the latches are rusted so I'd like to replace them. They look like a common piece. Anyone know where I can find them?

DVexile

Adventurer
Some people use rivets and some just use screws. Really up to you. I would install at the correct point for the bed to be level with the rear. Usually the torsion bar leaves the bed a little high and you have to pull it down. I'd put something flat along the top of the shell and the bed piece and pull it down until they are in a line with each other.

Not sure on where to get the latches but they are a standard part you should be able to find "somewhere".

Good luck!

WOODY2

Adventurer
The stainless pins that attach to the inner front fenders use a RivNut type of anchor. It provides a very secure long lasting connection.

Doc187

Observer
Thanks guys. I found some latches. Good advice about how to flatten it out. Can't wait to get out there this spring

kpherzog

Be sure you get the posts installed exactly perpendicular to the line of the strut. Otherwise you will continually break the plastic ends off the strut.

. . Kurt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior