superwinch hubs? opinions?

plh

Explorer
I ran SuperWinch hubs on my '93 for a while. No issues with them. They were an older set of NOS that were made in Brazil. Not sure if they are now or not.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Very good hubs if you can find them, they have been discontinued for a while now.

a bit if searching tells me i can get away with flanges on my gen 1, is this true??!!
so maybe i dont need hubs?
I have rugged ridge on there now ; they came with the rig when i bought it. not thinking i want to break down with the RR's

but if i lunchbox the front axle i will have to have hubs right?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Right, unless you're offroad all the time. Those lockers do weird things locked in on the highway in 2WD.

snare

Adventurer
i have always done manual hubs in any truck ive had that i welded or had a locker in the front.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
Right, unless you're offroad all the time. Those lockers do weird things locked in on the highway in 2WD.

i have always done manual hubs in any truck ive had that i welded or had a locker in the front.

after my weekends adventure I was trying to weigh my own options for the front. I know I want/need (want necessitates need right?) a locker up there, and I gotta say, it sure is nice being able to drive around in 2wd and being able to just pop it into "awd" when I come to a light or stop sign on a hill or some form of slippery situation where getting moving again could be a pain. I cant figure out if loosing that is worth the money savings over an arb, or if I would be able to cope with some odd on road manners here and there with doing just a diff but not hubs.

it boils down to age
of the driver not the equipment.

im 57 or 6 i forget, and i cant remember the last time i enjoyed getting out into the weather to turn hubs, especially in the middle of a big puddle, pond or mud hole.
at my age now i think more of the mess i will have to clean up from tracking in the mud than i did think it was fun challenging nature with my equipment.
funny thing nature always wins. always. but sometimes she is gracious and lets me think im ahead at least for a little while. off topic sorry.

lordtrunks

camp loser
We have a member here in az that is about your age and has about the same thinking and he runs the mitsu auto hubs on his 89 and he has no problems with them and his rig has lockers front and rear lower gearing 33's etc its been across the sierra's a few times which is one hell of a test and they have held up. if you want a set i think i have a pair i'll give to you just pay shipping.

thank you for this!
so i guess i will buy these superwinch's and hold on to them till someone needs them here on the forum, then everyone wins!

Also is there much 4x4 activity in and around the mountains of Baker Nevada?
looks like fire season might take me there this year.

and i am after suspension seats. i need two more of the gen 2's.
for my ranch truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles