CL Land Cruiser: Looking for Buying Advice

Abstrakted

Greetings folks,

I was hoping I might implore some of the Forum's LandCruiser Expertise in assessing this rig I'm trying to buy on CL. It's a 92 with what seems like a lot of modifications. I was hoping someone might be able to give me an assessment of the Value-vs-Price of this vehicle in your seasoned opinions.

Thanks much in advance for taking the time, knowledge and feedback!

Here's the details:

landcruiser1.jpg
landcruiser2.jpg
condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 282000
paint color: grey
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: offroad

Incredible amount of add-ons and modifications.

New complete break job in December and all fluids ($2500 value): Rotors, Drums, Shoes, Pads, Calipers, Lines.

Tundra charcoal in color, 35's, ARB front bumper, custom sliders, custom rear bumper with quarter protection, 3 inch lift, stereo, lights and rack. Complete New break job!

This truck has been wheeled and never left me stranded!

> HID HELLA fog lights
> Diamond Roof rack
> 315/75/16 Duratracs tires (2 brand new) 95% on tires with certs and insurance from Americas Tire
> New pioneer bluetooth stereo with cellphone mics
> New speakers front and rear with amp and subwoofer hookup ready to go.
> Clearance ARB front bumper
> Custom built sliders 3/8 wall main tube and .188 wall slider steps
> Custom rear bolt on bumper. 3/8 wall main tube and .188 wall corner protection
> New tie and relay rods
> LED lighting inside and out
> HID bulbs for high and low beams
> Custom load deck and storage in the rear (removed rear seats - seats 5)
> Full Sized spare tire included
> New passenger side door included

All service records available.

Interior is decent, with some wear on the front seats and a tear behind the second row seats-- New all weather seat covers throughout.

OME medium lift, metal tech 1.5" front spacer, 1" rear spacer. New TJM shocks.
Front axles rebuilt at 238k miles. Recent Toyota Tie Rod and Relay Rod replacement along with Ironman steering stabilizer. Radiator replaced 2 years ago.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Not sure what your budget is but I found this one and it seems pretty legit. I have no knowledge of land cruisers so someone on here can help.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5963899393.html
01010_coI5wnkGVHV_600x450.jpg

Happykamper

Explorer
The rig is or was listed here also. He's in Oakland ca. 6000.00 is what he's asking which seems pretty reasonable . Even if it needs a thing or two. As he says the motor and drive train are fine ....6000 is a nice price for what looks to be a pretty good platform. Now that being said its been for sale for a couple weeks at least ???

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Not sure what your budget is but I found this one and it seems pretty legit. I have no knowledge of land cruisers so someone on here can help.
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5963899393.html
01010_coI5wnkGVHV_600x450.jpg

That truck is exactly the same as mine (minus the snorkel) and I'll sell you mine for $7000 less than they are asking! M&M is like Northwest Motorsports near Seattle. They both find nice looking vehicles and then try to sell them for close to double what they are worth. Not saying the truck isn't "legit", but $18,995 is way way out of line for it.

Jsweezy

Explorer
That truck is exactly the same as mine (minus the snorkel) and I'll sell you mine for $7000 less than they are asking! M&M is like Northwest Motorsports near Seattle. They both find nice looking vehicles and then try to sell them for close to double what they are worth. Not saying the truck isn't "legit", but $18,995 is way way out of line for it.

Ya, I actually think the snorkel accounts for that extra 7k...

Benc

Explorer
I would definitely drive it first! The 4.0 is gutless. If your set on an 80 the 93 and up with the 4.5 will be much better in the power department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I would definitely drive it first! The 4.0 is gutless. If your set on an 80 the 93 and up with the 4.5 will be much better in the power department.
The FJ80 is a 3FE, 4.2L I6. It's a fine engine but you are right that it's a little overwhelmed in the 80 series. It was much less of a dog in the FJ62. The 4.5L 1FZ-FE in the 93+ is a better match to haul around the heft of the 80. But also realize that everyone is different. There's people who feel the 1FZ is also a dog and put a supercharger on it. So driving it is important because someone like me coming from a 22R-E in an XtraCab felt the 3FE was fine. Now having been in a 4.0L V6 Tacoma for a couple of years my perspective would probably be different...

Benc

Explorer
The FJ80 is a 3FE, 4.2L I6. It's a fine engine but you are right that it's a little overwhelmed in the 80 series. It was much less of a dog in the FJ62. The 4.5L 1FZ-FE in the 93+ is a better match to haul around the heft of the 80. But also realize that everyone is different. There's people who feel the 1FZ is also a dog and put a supercharger on it. So driving it is important because someone like me coming from a 22R-E in an XtraCab felt the 3FE was fine. Now having been in a 4.0L V6 Tacoma for a couple of years my perspective would probably be different...

If memory serves me right the 4.2 dropped down to 4.0 when the EFI was added. Either way it's a great motor but gutless, especially on a built 80!
The 1fz is also a dog but much better than the 3fe. Your right, drive it first, make sure the lack of power is something the op could live with.
I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
If memory serves me right the 4.2 dropped down to 4.0 when the EFI was added. Either way it's a great motor but gutless, especially on a built 80!
The 1fz is also a dog but much better than the 3fe. Your right, drive it first, make sure the lack of power is something the op could live with.
You could be right, I just remember that the 2F was 4.2L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles