LC 100 Buying Advice

edwardmatt83

I'm looking at a 2000 LC on Thursday. White exterior and tan interior. 180k miles with all service records. It looks pristine in the pictures. Only kept in the garage and never taken off road. Timing belt was done at 140k, brakes and alignment done a few months ago. No accidents and carfax is clean. What do you think? Should I be concerned about the miles? Asking price is $9500.

High Country Nomad

Mountain Explorer
I'm looking at a 2000 LC on Thursday. White exterior and tan interior. 180k miles with all service records. It looks pristine in the pictures. Only kept in the garage and never taken off road. Timing belt was done at 140k, brakes and alignment done a few months ago. No accidents and carfax is clean. What do you think? Should I be concerned about the miles? Asking price is $9500.

This might be a useful link - http://www.sleeoffroad.com/newbie/newbieUZJ100.htm

Bama4door

Observer
Like Kurt said, zero hesitation. I picked up a '01 LX470 in October with 270k miles with Lexus service records since it was new. I've already taken it on 2 1000+ mile road trips with zero issues and wouldn't hesitate to go cross country with it. AHC is still original and rides awesome...

Bama4door

Observer
Sounds about right, but depends on the overall condition. I'd offer him $8500 and see what he says. I picked mine up for $5500.

Check out the 100 buying guide checklist Nomad posted above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles