TC Front window passthrough?

lindy74

So, I started working out my design and picking up parts and windows and such for my build. My wife asked me a question that stumped me. I was looking for a window to place in the front of the camper to match up with the rear truck window. She asked me why do you need a window there? I got to thinking, I know some campers you can see through to the back door window via your mirror, some open so you can pass stuff back from the truck to the camper. But for the life of me I couldn't come up with a solid reason as to why I needed to do it, other than i have always seen TC's with them. Anyone able to shed some light on this question?

Thanks in advance!
Jason

mkish

Adventurer
I thought it was very important to have one when ordering my TC.

Turns out it wasn't. :)

On occasion we have popped a connection for solar panels through it when parked (our battery is in the step just under the window) but nah. Don't need it. Also ours is either popped in or out--you can't open it part way and you wouldn't want it open while traveling. It's too small to go through (as is our truck's rear window) and we don't have a cat.

I guess I'm glad it's there because windows are always good, but it would be just as good if it were fixed in place. And come to think of it, there's usually a crate of food blocking it anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz