Looking at a 2003 V10 SMB

chop

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Please no congrats yet!.. You never know what may happen.. i'd hate to jinx it!

Yeah the trailer is pretty much sold already.. and im checking to see if the buyer wants the 80 to go with it. If they do not, the 80 will be sold ASAP for a move to sell price and the vehicle being "AS IS".

I hear that. I'm waiting on the 05 I recently purchased. Until I have it firmly in my possession I don't want my excitement to jinx me.

In fact I'm almost afraid to post this.

But congrats nonetheless.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Here's a silly question..... where do you guys dump the porta potti? And is there a hose that goes alone with it?

We've had RV's in the past with holding tanks and had to take them to dump stations... but never owned a porta potti.

Last edited:

chop

Adventurer
Oh no...you mean you don't know and they didn't tell you?

Can you get your deposit back?

J/k, actually I have the same question as I've never had to deal with one either. So much to learn but it will be fun...well, except for the answer to this question:sombrero:

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
wesel123 said:
I have Farmers and they wanted $850 a year :confused:
I finaly looked a Progressive and was quoted $445... cant figure that out but oh well.

What is wrong with AZ? I pay that easy on a 96 Ford Probe liability only. Bloody AZ...

SOCALFJ said:
Here's a silly question..... where do you guys dump the porta potti? And is there a hose that goes alone with it?

We've had RV's in the past with holding tanks and had to take them to dump stations... but never owned a porta potti.

I just ordered this one for the FWC.

I think dumping it would follow the same procedure as the cassette toilet.

Taken from EarthRoame web site

Waste Management
The EarthRoamer XV-LT uses a cassette toilet waste handling system popular with European camper designs. By using a cassette toilet, exposure to waste is minimized and waste disposal is greatly simplified. The waste holding cassette is accessible via an access door from the outside of the camper and can be emptied into a dump station, conventional toilet or pit toilet. The cassette tank has a capacity of five gallons which for two people will need to be emptied approximately every two to three days. The convenience of emptying the cassette far outweighs the need to dispose of waste more frequently and an additional cassette can be carried in the rear locker for additional capacity. With the cassette solution, there is no large waste tank to empty and no sewage hose to handle. This is an elegant solution that allows for convenient waste disposal in remote locations and during the winter, when traditional RV dump stations are not available.

Ridgewalker

Adventurer
Cassette toilet dumping

We have a built in cassette toilet in our '94 Lance camper. We dump it either in normal RV disposal dumps (some located in roadside rest areas); RV park sight waste disposals, pit toilets (use the biodegradable Blue Chem) and in our home toilet. No problems. Normally only the wife uses it (I prefer the woods). Ours has worked great for 14 years.

BTW your future rig sounds excellent. I have a '99 diesel which was great in '99 until the price of diesel skyrocketed. At that time I only needed to drive it 160,000 miles to break even. Today you almost have to hit the life of a diesel to break even. Maintenance (oil, filter, fuel filter, etc) is more expensive along with initial cost and fuel. If I get a new one, it will be gasoline.

Best of luck!

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Just got off the phone with Costco (ameriprise).

$342.00 every 6 months for the SMB. 21 foot, Class B motorhome as SMB told me to tell them it is.

That's $30 cheaper than the Cruiser LOL!

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:

I have one and never use it since it takes up too much space. I will likely get the PETT toilet that uses wag bags. However the portapotti has a lower "tank" that you simply pull out and dump in a toilet. No hose, but it is very easy. Again, it takes up alot of space under the microwave on the 50 model. Of course you are getting the EB which is bigger.

steve

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yeah the EB model is a bit longer... but i noticed it's in the same spot as yours. We just don't have the microwave. So we can still keep the pooper :D

I'll keep the Zodi and Pett shower room instead of the bucket now i guess.

Thanks for the inside track on the poop 411.

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Yeah the EB model is a bit longer... but i noticed it's in the same spot as yours. We just don't have the microwave. So we can still keep the pooper :D

I'll keep the Zodi and Pett shower room instead of the bucket now i guess.

Thanks for the inside track on the poop 411.

No problem, I just wanted to give you the straight ******t. :xxrotflma

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
yet another question.

I noticed many guys run solar panels.

How long can you expect to sit dry with the standard home battery? Lets say just running the outside porch light at night, fridge and then only using the overhead lights and stuff when your inside and you need to see what your doing.

2 days? 3 days? 1 day?

thanks guys

kjp1969

Explorer
We have a proper RV-type camping trailer, and I can run lights, forced air furnace, propane fridge and water pump for 5 days on 2 6v golf cart batteries (wired in series). It's a seriously stout setup and cheap, but not light weight.

Gravity

Observer
I've got the big 4D battery in my SMB. Usually running the fridge, lights and water pump every now and then I get a solid 2+ days before the level starts to get low. I probably could go even longer but I'd like to not run the battery down too far. Usually then I just fire up the van and let it idle for 20 minutes or so if I'm not going anywhere to top things off a bit.

If you're going to routinely stay at one spot boondocking for long periods of time, solar or a small generator is a great idea.

We're usually in a spot for 2 maybe 3 days max and a lot of the time only a day or so before moving on to the next spot. Not once had I wished for solar, besides the Yakima Mega warrior covers a bunch of the roof and I'd also be concerned about all the snow we get here in UT w/ solar panels up top....

-d

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz