Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 tires

roundhouse

I read thru alot of the pages,

considering these in 315/75r16 for my 77 Chevy K-10
its a daily driver for my 16 yr old
just installed a TBI and NV3500 5 speed to make it DD friendly

anyone know for sure where they are manufactured?

so much stuff made in china nowdays.

not China, but close by
probably gonna pick up a set of these,
PepBoys has em 315/75r16 for $226 with free mount and balance and free road hazard warranty, so $948 on the truck out the door

I just swapped in 8 lug axles and had no idea that 16 in tires cost $100 each more than 15 inch tires.

just got a reply from maxxis website

Dear broncothunderbird@gmail.com,
The Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn is produced in our state-of-the-art factory in Taiwan.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Best Regards,
Your Maxxis Support Team
--

Tacoma13SR5

Observer
I have Maxxis Bighorns in 285/75/16 on my Tacoma and they work great in snow and off road. Wet roads they will spin, but that's any tire really. I've got no complaints on them and look forward to seeing how long these tires will last as the miles go on.

paranoid56

Adventurer
I just put a set of these on my tacoma 255/85R16. so far i love them. much quieter then my old MT tires. will see how they go.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Hey paranoid 56, could I trouble you for the actual measured height of your new tires? I'm wondering what they measure out to while loaded.

nmatcek

Adventurer
Would someone with the 255/85r16 version of these on a tacoma or similar weight vehicle mind measuring the loaded height of these?

deserteagle56

Adventurer
I just put a set of these on my tacoma 255/85R16. so far i love them. much quieter then my old MT tires. will see how they go.

Boy, not what I experienced with my Wrangler. LT255/85R16s with about 5,000 miles on them now and on pavement they absolutely howl. Can't even hear the stereo! Otherwise, they have been good - good handling and traction in most conditions.

austintaco

Explorer
Boy, not what I experienced with my Wrangler. LT255/85R16s with about 5,000 miles on them now and on pavement they absolutely howl. Can't even hear the stereo! Otherwise, they have been good - good handling and traction in most conditions.

What tire did you have before these? I am so close to pulling the trigger on a set. Noise won't be an issue for me on the truck they are going on, but wear and performance in rock will.

austintaco

Explorer
OK, just went back through a few threads on here and the internet and I have one real world comparison question. For anyone that has run km2's in 255/85/16 and Bighorns, which tire is taller? These bighorns would be going on a 4runner that is currently on old 35" 2001 KM1's. I have KM2s in the 255 size on my Tacoma now, and I have compared mounted KM2 in a 255 to a mounted KM in a 35(both off the vehicle but on rims). The 35 is about 1.5" taller. I am OK with that, but I don't want to be losing more height than that if I switch to a Bighorn. Pep Boys has some great pricing right now. fyi

deserteagle56

Adventurer
What tire did you have before these? I am so close to pulling the trigger on a set. Noise won't be an issue for me on the truck they are going on, but wear and performance in rock will.

I bought the Jeep used, had 25,000 miles on it, and the previous owner had Toyo MTs LT285/75R16s in load range E. Way too much tire for the weight of the Jeep - the sidewalls were so stiff I could just about run them without air. Load rated right at around 3,800 lbs per tire as I remember! Much better ride with the Bighorns.

Ivan

Lost in Space
Anyone else have any updates? I just ordered 4 to replace a set of Coopers. Looking forward to the aggressive design.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Anyone else have any updates? I just ordered 4 to replace a set of Coopers. Looking forward to the aggressive design.

Congratulations on ordering new tires! :) I'm a Cooper fan but it's always good to try diiffent treads. Unless something has changed, Bighorns are relatively loud and fast wearing, but a good grippy tire.

I remain a fan from the sidelines as they are offered in the excellent, 285/75/18 35" size for those forced to run or preferring bigger wheels.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier