BG Products

durango_60

Explorer
My mechaninc swears by the stuff. I used it once on a automatic transmission that I thought had bit the bullet and within 20 minutes it was good as new.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Can you buy the products and use them yourself or do they need to be used with special equipment that only a mechanic would have?

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Two thumbs up for the 44k and MOA, though I'm not sure the latter is necessary is you are using synthetic oil. Also the 0w30 synthetic is good. SuperCharger is okay, but probably not really worth the money if you are using 44k.

The stuff is not snake oil if that is what you are asking, it does what they claim.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
The 44K is good stuff, but just too expensive (and I even get a discount from my dealer) for what is mostly Naptha. Chevron Techron is the same thing (mostly Naptha with polyetheramine added) at much cheaper price. The regular stuff is a relatively weak dilution, so every 1K miles dump in a bottle. The Techron Plus is stronger (and equally more money) and only needs to be added each oil change. They recommend 44K no more than 2x a year. I dunno the comparative dilutions, but I find that my engine could take 44K more often than the recommended 6 month period, so I /think/ 44K and Techron Plus are probably pretty similar chemically. To be safe, I only add the 44K or Techron Plus shortly before an oil change just in case it contaminates the oil.

As far as oil additives, I figure regular changes with good oil and filters is sufficient. If your engine needs additives, it's probably too late. Just my $0.02, really.

rajin cajun

Adventurer
Been using BG Products for nearly twenty years. The MOA is great for keeping the engine clean. No visible sludge whatsoever. We use BG for fleets of various vehicles. Absolutely worth the cost. I've found it cheaper to purchase BG on Ebay. Much cheaper by the case. I have been using BG products in my GenII for nearly twenty years and no problems........

Revco

Adventurer
I used to work for BG's biggest competitor. We sold all the same stuff they did and more. It's all snake oil and a waste of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94