One heck of an FJ

sinuhexavier

Explorer
I like FJ's, if my LR wasn't one of the blessed lucky ones that seems to keep on going, I would probably get an FJ.

But... In the case of this one in particular...

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
A bit much for me.....

Looks like someone took their FJ to the "Pimp my Ride" folks.

Wonder how much actual trail time it will see, well to each his own.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1 & 2

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
The scoop on this FJ is it belongs to someone in Vegas who has something to do with Yellow Book. SDHQ wouldn't give me anymore details than that. There are some things I like on it and some I don't, I'm assuming this is just for show, but having the RTT threw me off so who knows. SDHQ has already pimped out a Tacoma and Tundra for this guy and are currently waiting for delivery of a Sequoia....hey at least they are all Toyotas! Sounds to me like someone who has too much money but to each their own. $10k worth of LED's on that truck btw.

uphill

Observer
Miss R2FJ said:
Sounds to me like someone who has too much money but to each their own.

X2 -- The Fab Fours rear bumper (I have one on my rig) is very expensive and is very poorly made. Obviously the manufacturer was going for a look over going for functionality. Everybody has their own idea as to what works and what doesn't. If it works for this guy, that's all that really counts.

Incusus

Adventurer
I guess if the owner likes it, that all that maters as its his/her money.
Personally? I'm not into show cars :) I'd hate to see that truck get a scratch, hehe

Caduceus 80

As an FJ owner, this isn't my style. To each his own, but it has the appearance of someone with deep pockets saying, "Just put the most expensive options/mods that you can get and I will pay for it."

I really doubt if this one gets offroad at all. Just my 2 cents.

Gurkha

Adventurer
Caduceus 80 said:
As an FJ owner, this isn't my style. To each his own, but it has the appearance of someone with deep pockets saying, "Just put the most expensive options/mods that you can get and I will pay for it."

I really doubt if this one gets offroad at all. Just my 2 cents.

I agree, kinda takes the hardcore away. The old FJ with leaf springs, manual tranny, minimal electronics gives me the reassurance of going to nowhere land without any fear of break downs.

Crookthumb

Adventurer
Aren't Fab Fours the guys that had their bumper rip off their LWB Samurai during the Ultimate Adventure in Idaho. While winching. Sounds like their stuff isn't up to snuff.

tibaal89

Adventurer
I got a chance to check that out as it was being built at SDHQ's shop with 1leglance... holy friggin' moley!! SDHQ does some seriously good work, can't even imagine the bill on that build.

Can't say what it will be used for... there are people with stockers who never wheel, people with stockers who wheel hardcore, people with uber-built rigs who never wheel, and people with uber-built rigs who wheel hardcore. Oh yea, and everything in between!

But that said, I won't be holding my breath waiting for trip reports featuring that thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste