Tonight's Dinner Will Consist Of........

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

spray

Observer
Fresh steelhead trout.....................smoked

Today is opening day of trout season where I live:jump:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

spray said:
Fresh steelhead trout....smoked

Today is opening day of trout season where I live:jump:

Awesome....Spray!

....and Welcome to ExPo....!

Tonight....for me....it was a Shredded Beef Deep Fried Taco at the Local Taco Shop. Loaded up with the Salsa Bar!

Too Lazy to cook tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I finally shot a Blue Grouse on the opening day yesterday. That's what's for dinner tonight! Never was too serious about BG hunting but if the creamy white color of the meat and very mild scent is any indication I'm going to have to spend a little more time in the higher elevations trying to find a few more!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
wonderrunner, brats are serious buiziness for me,, one of my all time favs. i am happy to see your last attempts with a good roll and just mustard, ketchup has no place on a brat.

i usually grill up a whole onion for two brats, sometimes a bell pepper. next time i make them i'll be sure to post a pic for ya, but i like to lightly grill a brat with sliced onion in the dutch oven, just till the onion is done, the brat will still be pink inside, but, then you take the brat and onions and wrap them in a homemade sourdough (pig in a blanket style) and bake the whole thing in the dutch oven, when the bread is done the brat is perfect.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks RHINO.....

Even though I'm confuzzeled!

This has been working very well for me Lately!

Alum foil...some Olive oil....Bell Peppers and Onions.....pepper and seasoning....!

Dude!....Sweet!

2008_0805Bratzwithgoodies0005.jpg

Thanks for Contributing!

I'm surprised we didn't have more Labor Day BBQ pics! Post 'em up!

Now just where is my Awesome Brat Smilie when I need him>?!!!!!!!!:elkgrin: :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:

Speaker

Adventurer
So I've been stuck on tortillas, cheese, beans, and tomatoes recently. Last night I had imitation crab meat mixed in with all of that. It was good for the first few bites, but not the rest. Too much imitation and not enough crab. It was my take on a cheap fish taco, did not work out.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Tonights dinner was...Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes....

Homemade chicken noodle soup with a minimal broth and served over some good Yukon Gold smashed taters, the thicker the better...mmm.. I love comfort food on a chilly evening.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I can't wait for tonight

Baked Potato with a little butter - piled high with cottage cheese with a liberal topping of Sriracha red rooster chili sauce.
Image:Sriracha_hot_chili_sauce.jpg

Broccolini steamed in fresh garlic & ginger with soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.

Sop up the left over broccolini liquid with the potato skin.....

Yes I know, no meat :eek:

Accrete

Explorer
When we go camping....

we use meals-in-a-pouch idea. Basically pre-made meals that have a main course with meat/vegies/broth in one pouch, and rice/beans in another. Place'em both in a pot of boiling water and about 5 minutes later you've got a nice meal. No mess. Nothing to clean up. And we use the water once it has cooled down to shower temp...for our showers.

: ) Thom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz