Tonight's Dinner Will Consist Of........

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

We are about to have our first good rainfall in over 6 months. We have only had a couple very weak ones since!

I even have some logs ready to put on the fire.

So I thought it was time to put a Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot again tonight!

Here's how I do it.

As I type...

"SWR's"...Young Whole Fryer Chicken Soup....

At 6pm the night before....place whole young chicken fryer into crock pot and top it off with fresh water.

Slice one onion and place around the top of the chicken.

Top it off with all your favorite spices such as.....rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage....etc. I tried some Bay Leaves this time for more flavor.

Turn on high and let it cook overnight.

The next morning about 10am....

Take out the whole chicken and de~bone. Be careful to get all the bones! You can add a little more water after you take the bones out. Heat up the water in the microwave Before you pour more in, or you will crack your crock! Do Not pour cold water into a hot crock pot!

Place meat back into the crock pot.

Cut up carrots, celery and place in the crock. Add more spices to taste. Add some eggs noodles.

Let it cook for another couple of hours and you are ready by lunch time!

Yummers!

2008_1019Crockpotchickensoup0049.jpg

2008_1019Crockpotchickensoup0052.jpg

Now you are ready for some serious Expedition Portal time!

2008_1019Crockpotchickensoup0050.jpg

....or you can take some on the trail with you. I freeze it at times and it's fine.

Cody1771

Explorer
tonight i had the pleasure of cooking up some Kalamari from freshly caught Humboldt squid that i caught last night.... mmm tasty

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Bachelor's Delight...Sourdough Pizza Bread!

Bachelor's Delight...Sourdough Pizza Bread!

First.....stop at Big Lots and get some awesome San Francisco Sourdough rolls for a buck!

Then head over to your local .99 cent store and pick up some Farmer John Habanero Sausage.

Then stop at Stater Brothers and pick up some four cheese sauce for just .99 cents on sale! Use your spicey cheese you have on hand.

Slice the bread in half and begin to add.....starting with the sauce.

Once prepped....broil it in your toaster over on high (450*) and set your timer for 30 min. Once you see the sausage is cooked/brown, reduce the heat to 200*......for the remainder of the 30 min.

Pre~Broiled.... Ready to put in the toaster oven.

2009_1027BachelorsDelightPizz0005.jpg

2009_1027BachelorsDelightPizz0004.jpg

All Toasty in the Oven!
2009_1027BachelorsDelightPizz0008.jpg

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Tonights Dinner was Home-made Potatoe Soup.
My GF makes some killer soup.
Sorry, no pics...got ate to quick:drool:

Darton

Adventurer
So my wife landed a job last week at a residental treatment facility as their therapist. The have a gourmet chef who cooks three meals a day. The staff is required to eat their meals with the residents. So tonight I only saw it fair to make myself a pan seared filet mignon with grilled asparagus while she's at work.

off.track

Adventurer
i had baked talapia on a bed of brown and wild rice, seaweed salad, steamed mussels and a glass of Bordoeux. yum. :)

pint

Adventurer
Big pot of chili I started early this morning. 18" of snow and the schools were closed for the 2nd day in a row! Sorry no pics, but it was goooood!

pint

Adventurer
Since no one is posting food WITH pics...here is some chicken and baked potatoes cooked over an open fire! Wasn't today, but was this year after a long day of wheelin and exploring...

IMG_7599-1674.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles