Melvill and Moon Safari Equip for Rovers

overlander

Expedition Leader
ExMoor Trim, the UK retailer for many Land Rover interior finishings, just picked up Melvill and Moon as a supplier of Rover seat Covers. http://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/#5256X0I have had my eye on them for quite some time, wishing they had a US supplier. Exmoor is also retailing their premier safari furniture too now.
:26_13_1:
In the US, Atlantic British is the US distributor of Exmoor items, so there's finally an options on M&M without the shipping expense from Africa!

I am seriously looking at a set of Canvas seat covers for my 110, but the Sandstorm seat covers look as good as M&M, but much less expensive.

the M&M stuff is very nice though!

pangaea

Adventurer
Melvill and Moon is definitely some sweet stuff. I've had my eye on their gear for quite some time too. Would love to have a set of canvas seat covers and a couple of Roorkhee campaign chairs for the ol' campsite.

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
pangaea said:
Melvill and Moon is definitely some sweet stuff. I've had my eye on their gear for quite some time too. Would love to have a set of canvas seat covers and a couple of Roorkhee campaign chairs for the ol' campsite.

I bought a couple of the Melvill and Moon Roorkhee chairs when the Great Canadian Expedition Company had them on sale (before GCEC went bust). They're beautiful recreations of colonial campaign furniture, and integrate perfectly with an expedition Land Rover. They've been on a few trips, and have generally performed well. But recognize that you're paying a premium for huge style points--at the expense of convenience (e.g., ease of setup) and (although to a lesser degree) comfort.

Sort of like boiling water with a Kelly Kettle vs. a JetBoil.

pangaea

Adventurer
Green Ganesha said:
They're beautiful recreations of colonial campaign furniture, and integrate perfectly with an expedition Land Rover. They've been on a few trips, and have generally performed well. But recognize that you're paying a premium for huge style points--at the expense of convenience (e.g., ease of setup) and (although to a lesser degree) comfort.

That's definitely true. I don't think they would even come close to the cost convenience, etc of the cheap-o fold up made-in-China camp chairs, but they're just so darn cool. The downside is, I just might have to go out and buy a pith helmet and jodhpurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles