Ashok Leyland 4x4 truck from India

Gurkha

Adventurer
http://www.ashokleyland.com/subproductsdyn.jsp?CATId=4&subcat_id=18&product_id=127

stallion4x4_large.jpg

Comes with diff locks in rear, ZF 6 speed tranny and PUCH T case and super reliable HINO 6cyl diesel.

Price is around $33000

Poor man's Mog maybe, its bigger so a camper can be made on it with ease.

Vid of it in action......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnwg0XCks4

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Impressive! Thanks for sharing this information.
Is the Stallion 4x4 available in civilian versions, or
is it strictly for military customers?

Gurkha

Adventurer
They release Civillian versions as well and you can also buy them from the military disposal for around $6000.

Gurkha

Adventurer
meffland said:
Did I read that right? $6000? Sounds like a good use of student loans...now where's that checkbook......

Correct but they are Army disposals,will need minor work.

Gurkha

Adventurer
They go faster than that but not recommended as they are big beasts. As for marketing, send the requests to Ashok Leyland. They are already exporting and therefore might get into it if there is sufficient demand. Btw, all the local HINO dealers can easily fix these in US.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i take it british leyland is now an indian company? i just thought it dissolved.

Gurkha

Adventurer
British Leyland was part of Hinduja Group and in late 80s they bought in HINO in the equation here along with ZF making their trucks to be among the most reliable. Tata, the other Indian truck maker who now also own the Range and Land Rover group made trucks with MB and curently uses Cummins which they manufacture here. They also bought out Daewoo trucks Korea.

taco2go

Explorer
zimm said:
I know..with these recent acquisitions from the subcontinent.. I don't know whether to be proud of my ethnic heritage or be afraid.....very afraid.
It seems like the nerds do inherit the earth- or a sizeable financial chunk thereof. Not to worry, a little curry never hurt nobody ;)

Gurkha

Adventurer
Well for curry you have to go west specifically to UK, no such thing as curry in India I am afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94