FS: 2008 KLR 650 Green - Long Beach, CA

wesel123

Explorer
So Im selling my 2008 KLR 650 with all the stuff listed below.

Asking $5700

Caribou Case system
Happy Trails Fork Brace
Happy Trails Skid Plate
Happy Trails Front Guard with Hwy Pegs
Happy Trails Radiator Guards
SW Motech Center Stand
KTM 640 Tank Bag (ya I know its orange)
ROX Bar Risers
Corbin Dual Platform Low Seat (and factory seat)
Hard Wired for Garmin 276C
16 Tooth Front

The Good:
3900 miles
Doesn't Burn Oil
Fresh Oil Change

The Bad:
Little scratch before crash bars (see pic)
Tires are about 60% rear.

CIMG0418.jpg

CIMG0419.jpg

CIMG0420.jpg

CIMG0425.jpg

CIMG0426.jpg

CIMG0427.jpg

CIMG0422.jpg

CIMG0424.jpg

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Bump for a great setup and a great bike! For someone wanting to get into the dual sport genre of riding, or looking for a do-anything travel bike...this is a great one!

-H-

ZR2nit

Adventurer
WoW nice bike. This is a great bike I wish you the best on your sale. If I was not 2000 miles away from you I would love to have the bike.

wesel123

Explorer
ZR2nit said:
WoW nice bike. This is a great bike I wish you the best on your sale. If I was not 2000 miles away from you I would love to have the bike.

That's the beauty of a do it all bike....you can fly here an ride it home:jump:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
wesel123 said:
That's the beauty of a do it all bike....you can fly here an ride it home:jump:

2000 freeway miles on a KLR? No thanks.

I just laid down a pair of 700 mile days on my BMW F650GS (which makes the KLR feel like a tractor)....I won't be doing that again. Lets face it...if you are going to do long road trips on a moto, you want a comfortable bike.....not a single cylinder dual sport (of any make).

wesel123

Explorer
goodtimes said:
2000 freeway miles on a KLR? No thanks.

I just laid down a pair of 700 mile days on my BMW F650GS (which makes the KLR feel like a tractor)....I won't be doing that again. Lets face it...if you are going to do long road trips on a moto, you want a comfortable bike.....not a single cylinder dual sport (of any make).

You know, I had a 1200GS that was smooth but for some weird reason I like this bike better. The 08 KLR is alomst as smooth. The wicked vibration of the old KLRs is gone. Trust me I was really skeptical until I rode it.

And I like the fact that oils changes and basic mantinance is 100 times cheaper.

Who knew. But I'l agree with ya. I'd need week to do that milage.:roost:

Last edited:

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Man, I wish it was my time for a bike. This is the bike I've been eye balling too, and I'm only a stones throw away from you. Good luck! :drool:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
wesel123 said:
You know, I had a 1200GS that was smooth but for some weird reason I like this bike better. The 08 KLR is alomst as smooth. The wicked vibration of the old KLRs is gone. Trust me I was really skeptical until I rode it.

And I like the fact that oils changes and basic mantinance is 100 times cheaper.

Who knew. But I'l agree with ya. I'd need week to do that milage.:roost:

The newer thumpers are definately getting better....but they are still thumpers. I'm really happy with my 650GS, unless I have a whole bunch of freeway to burn up. Unfortunately, it seems that I always have a bunch of freeway to/from where ever I am going.

What is next after you sell the KLR? Ya know the 800GSs are here....;)

wesel123

Explorer
goodtimes said:
The newer thumpers are definately getting better....but they are still thumpers. I'm really happy with my 650GS, unless I have a whole bunch of freeway to burn up. Unfortunately, it seems that I always have a bunch of freeway to/from where ever I am going.

What is next after you sell the KLR? Ya know the 800GSs are here....;)

Im gonna hold out for the 690 Adventure....and hope I can convince the wife to move to Colorado or Arizona by then too:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
This is a SUPER deal on a very well kitted out KLR gents! :REOutArchery02:

Great all around bike. I highly recommend it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94