Safari Snorkel conversion - how to guide

norcal4x4

Yea if this happens before winter comes I'll run it backwards while driving and cover up the face while parked if it's snowing or going to snow. cause i park on the street and if snow can build up on my radio antenna it could can probably build up in the snorkel.

Another question... Does your snorkel enter into the engine bay about in the middle of the fender? If it does on yours I'm guessing it probably will on mine which would mean a straight shot into my air box.

Thanks for the write-up/extra info/help

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Yep, the snorkel enters just about 4 inches in front of the mounting point for the hood hinge. If the airbox is in the middle of the engine, if it is down near the headlight....prepare to be trimming sheetmetal.

norcal4x4

My air box is ********** dab in the middle on top of the wheel well. It's an aftermarket S&B CAI here's a pic to get a better idea of how it looks under me hood.

Attachments

• 31275230008_large.jpg
    31275230008_large.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 151

z3r0

Observer
for my cab lights i used automotive primer on the drilled holes. the primer will seal the metal as long as it is there. mixed it up and q-tipped the primer on top and from the bottom. just an idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles