Overland Training: Educating the Adventure Traveler

gjackson

FRGS
Arizona and Colorado .......I guess some of us will be plugging away at the Institute of Hard Knocks......

This is just the beginning. We hope to be able to expand to your neck of the woods sooner rather than later.

cheers

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Wow, I am so impressed with this, and so wanting to do it. I am seriously thinking of ditching the family this year and doing the December 7 day program... Where in AZ would it be held? Prescott? Should I do the Wilderness First Aid course first?

Can I mix in some the Photography modules as electives, or are there no electives during the 7 day comprehensive program?

As an unrelated question, where in CO are the Colorado classes held?

Paul R

Adventurer
Wow! This sounds too cool! :D

I would love to take these courses, any scholarship programs for those currently in school? ;)

When are you branching into UT?

Scott Brady

Founder
blupaddler said:
Couple of questions...
Do you have to take the modules in order? i.e. Are they prerequisites for each other?

No, they can be taken in any order, and over any length of time. You can also just take a module you are interested in, without going for the cert.

blupaddler said:
Any plan in the future to try and have these classes accredited through a local college?

Yes, that is in the works. The curriculum is structured to move in that direction, in the future.

Tanto

Adventurer
Congratulations, very interesting outgrowth of your current endeavors. If I recall correctly your group had been conducting some LR training. I wish you luck.

gjackson

FRGS
Where in AZ would it be held? Prescott? Should I do the Wilderness First Aid course first?

Yes, training will be based out of Prescott. You can do the WFA either before or after, so that's entirely up to your schedule.

Can I mix in some the Photography modules as electives, or are there no electives during the 7 day comprehensive program?

The 7-day program just covers the core courses. You would have to complete the WFA and the HAM / elective separately. As things progress, and depending on interest, we will most likely have a system in place to have the elective either right before or right after the 7-day.

CO courses are based just outside of Boulder.

cheers

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Congrats and best of luck the new endeavor. I'm confident it will be an enormous success like its counterparts. I'll be watching for course offerings for the winter months when business and travel around these parts slow down, I've got plenty to learn :costumed-smiley-007

nwoods

Expedition Leader
gjackson said:
Yes, training will be based out of Prescott. You can do the WFA either before or after, so that's entirely up to your schedule.

The 7-day program just covers the core courses. You would have to complete the WFA and the HAM / elective separately. As things progress, and depending on interest, we will most likely have a system in place to have the elective either right before or right after the 7-day.

Thanks Graham

Got my HAM already, just sent in an email to sign up for the December 7 day course. I would like more info on WFA course reccommendations so that I can take care of that prior to the 7 day cert. course.

Also, my wife is super excited to particiate in the 3 day woman's course. She can't wait until it gets scheduled!

bovw

Explorer
gjackson said:
This is just the beginning. We hope to be able to expand to your neck of the woods sooner rather than later.

cheers
Is the East Coast in the plan? I'd love this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles