Possible Rtt Option

Bergger

Explorer
Photog said:
:hehe: Very funny.

I should have said: What do they look like, when they are folded up, mounted to the roof rack?:sombrero:

I would post a few pics of what mine looked like closed up but I still can't post pictures. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. Here is a link to my webshots page and this photo will give you a little idea of what it looked like. I just removed the sleeping bags folded it over and covered it with a duck canvas tarp. It really worked out well. There are a few other pics under the Breakneck/Browns Pass album as well.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2448546150068136811KxNlkj

Photog

Explorer
That was very helpful. It looks like it still stands tall, when folded (height of the legs). On an SUV, that looks like it would be very tall.

Bergger

Explorer
Photog said:
That was very helpful. It looks like it still stands tall, when folded (height of the legs). On an SUV, that looks like it would be very tall.

Yeah I would would not feel comfortable leaving it permanently mounted on top of an SUV due to the height of it. On a pick truck it works really well. It was easy to open and close and it provided a lot of two level storage under it. I haven't used the set up since we got the AT Chaser but I still have the tent cot and now just set it up on the ground if I don't want to take the trailer.

granitex1

Adventurer
pic stolen from bergger
2448546150068136811S600x600Q85.jpg

go4aryd

Adventurer
It depends on how you mount it. Mine is mounted so it can folds in, then "down" flat on the rack... not everyone will have this ability depending on the size of cot and rack style. Will post some pix when the site is "fixed" to allow it.

I have tried attaching three different types of image files jpg, png and gif), all smaller than the limit with no success. :(

CorreCaminos

Observer
It depends on how you mount it. Mine is mounted so it can folds in, then "down" flat on the rack... not everyone will have this ability depending on the size of cot and rack style. Will post some pix when the site is "fixed" to allow it.
I have tried attaching three different types of image files jpg, png and gif), all smaller than the limit with no success. :(

Any photos of how it's mounted?

Thanks.

toygoose

Observer
Any updates / pics of these cot tents mounted and folded down? I'm thinking about buying one to mount to the top of my FJ. How easy are they to set up? I want something easy to use/set up in the rain! I'm sick of setting up/breacking down in the rain.

ventura911

Adventurer
I've attached mine to a bracket designed to match up with the main leg mounts, thus lowering the profile. I wanted to keep the bedding in it, rather than having to carry it inside, so I travel with the bed extended, but not raised. Here are a few photos:

photo 38.JPGphoto 78.JPGphoto 34.JPGphoto 39.JPG

grogie

Like to Camp
I had a vinyl cover made by a guy who made RV covers. Looks like a body bag, but it keeps everything clean and dry:

Very cool setup and I love your custom mount and the cover. Nice!

I'm pondering the idea of a double mounted on top of my off-road box trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94