Morocco XXXpedition

XXXpedition

Explorer
Well, we are not really on the road yet, but for us the prep work is part of it even if you don't get to see any of it... :)))
Anyhow, today I have the time to get the Website up to speed and add links to make our updating easier and faster. Afterall there's enough work to be done on the road and we want to enjoy the trip too :)

So, there you have it...
Hope that some of you will follow along.

Cheers
Sven and Magdalena

Tress

Adventurer
Well the title of this thread sounds awesome, but please shoot out some more details, i would love to know what it would take to do something like that, are there piles of licenses and such? Either way good luck with the prep work and i hope to hear some more details....

XXXpedition

Explorer
well, from munich, germany (where we live now) it's fairly close.
only thing you need is aa insurance that is valid in morocco...
no special requirements.
sven

Tress

Adventurer
XXXpedition said:
well, from munich, germany (where we live now) it's fairly close.
only thing you need is aa insurance that is valid in morocco...
no special requirements.
sven

Cool im always interested to know what it takes to travel through such foreign destinations, good luck and i look forward to following along, enjoy the ride!

XXXpedition

Explorer
well, it seems that the insurance is what's the hard part...
usually your european insurance would cover it (so people say) but ours doesn't. the simple liability for one month is 300 euros - ouch!

kevb

Observer
XXXpedition said:
well, it seems that the insurance is what's the hard part...
usually your european insurance would cover it (so people say) but ours doesn't. the simple liability for one month is 300 euros - ouch!

Sounds like a great trip, we went in 2004 and we got a green card from our UK insurance company, maybe you should change companies. We were also told you could buy it at the border for about 50 euro (04 prices). Personally I would prefer to have it covered before I got there, there is enough going on at the border without added complications.

XXXpedition

Explorer
as i learned in the process, changing insurance companies is not that easy in germany, but i'm still looking into it...
i'd like to get it settled beforehand as well and supposedly you can't get insurance at the border at the moment...
we'll see.
i keep you posted.

rhodos

Observer
XXXpedition said:
as i learned in the process, changing insurance companies is not that easy in germany, but i'm still looking into it

if anything else fails, "sell" your car to your friend and let her register it with an other insurance company, as you dont need new licence plates cost for "Ummeldung eines KFZ" are about 20 Euro.

hth, Werner

egn

Adventurer
One of the most most important parts for the insurance of my vehicle was to find one that covers all of Europe (till the Ural in Russia) and all of the countries along the Mediterranean Sea. For my large truck camper I use the Zurich Versicherung. For regular cars you have to look at the larger insurance companies (HUK, DEVK, ...), not the small and sometimes cheap internet direct companies.

Another thing was to get a road breakdown insurance. The only organization that covers break downs for campers with an weight above 7,5 t for the same region as above is the the "Europäische Schutzbrief" from AvD. The one from ADAC has the same coverage for smaller vehicles.

To change insurance company anytime you just have to register the car and re-register it at a different name (husband, ...). But be aware that in some countries you need a written warrant (ADAC) that allows a person that is not the owner to move a vehicle across the border.

XXXpedition

Explorer
we shall start

well, tomorrow is the day...
we'll be leaving in the morning going through switzerland, france and spain and catching the ferry on monday...

i hope some of the stuff i ordered will still come today :)
at least i got the roofrack (see in the jeep forum) done...

Last edited:

Paul R

Adventurer
Sounds like a really cool trip make sure to take plenty of pictures!
Good luck and safe travels :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier