Ford Ranger Sleeping Platform

NorCalBronco

Observer
Hey guys, just thought I'd share my little sleeping platform I built in the back of my Ranger. Thanks for checking it out!
rangerbednoshellzn8.jpg

passengersidebedws1.jpg

bedhalfopenwn5.jpg

bedmockup3cd7.jpg

bedmockup2xj4.jpg

NorCalBronco

Observer
Thanks guys. The frame is made from 1"x10" pine and 3/4" plywood for the top. Its covered by some thin outdoor carpet I got from Home Depot. They have it on a big roll in the store that you just cut off however much you want. I got like 6'x12' for something like 30 or 40 bucks.

I have four plastic bins like you see in the picture that I have all my camping stuff packed in that fit perfectly underneath the center sections. The sides I have stuffed with all my tie-downs, axe, gloves and other random stuff. The center section is easily taken out and either layed on the bed in middle or put aside if I need to put bigger stuff in the back like my mountain bike or something.

A side benefit of this is that since I'm always carrying my dog around in the back I get to keep all my stuff under the platform where she can't chew on any of it :)

NorCalBronco

Observer
That looks pretty nice, easy to take out. I wish I had a taller shell like yours though, its a little tight inside but not too bad.

Accrete

Explorer
One of the things that really made that particular A.R.E. top so nice is the option of having a full hatch or smaller man door...my wife would use the door at nite to go in/out. Handy, and we still felt safe with all closed about us in cougar/bear country.

TLFtaco01c.jpg

: ) Thom

NorCalBronco

Observer
yeah I was thinking I would probably get a shell with a door like that if I ever were to buy a new one, looks alot easier to close from the inside than a tailgate

Accrete

Explorer
you're right. and it can be secured from inside also so u feel relatively safe from lock picking raccoons ;-)

NorCalBronco

Observer
Does the big door thing provide a couple more inches in length for the bed towards the middle? That would be cool since I'm 6'2" and need to sleep diagonally in my 6 foot bed right now.

gnarlycharlie

Sleeping platform Toyota Tundra

Here's what I've done. It's simple and I love it.

Attachments

• 178993_422360761152851_736189974_n.jpeg
    178993_422360761152851_736189974_n.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94