Page 1 of 271 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see some full size pictures...

Default Lets see some full size pictures...

I have been lurking for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself.

This is my rig, loaded with gear for 11 days of fun in the San Juans.

Airing out, as much as you can stock. On Cinnamon Pass.

The truck is basically stock for now. I have big plans for it starting in the new year..

Daniel
    Last edited by xwerx; 09-12-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Welcome aboard, Daniel.

It seems that we full-size guys tend to keep a lower profile. Your pictures demonstrate why: Load enough gear for a week and half long trip and the truck still looks the same. Rest assured, we are here, and out on the trails as well. As you have already discovered, ExPo is an excellent group of people with much to share.

Maybe we Dodge, Ford, and GM big pickup folk ought to come up with a secret handshake so we can recognize one another :-)
    -J. Brandon (yup, it's just J.)
    Treat others as you would like to be treated
    www.americansahara.com

Wecome to the Expo Daniel!

I personally think a truck, especially a quad or crew cab, is one of the best all around "Expo" rigs around. Plenty of room for gear, room for the family, and when you get home you can haul firewood or gravel and make your rig work for its keep. When we headed down to the Mon08 trip a couple of weeks ago, not only did we have a weeks worth of gear in the back of the truck, but we had two extra kids for a total of six people on a 6 hour drive. All were comfy and had a great trip down. Here's a shot of my '01 Ram on the forest roads of WV.

The truck has the offroad package (factory lift, skidplates and other stuff), looks stock but has a Detriot locker in the rear, Elocker in front, color matched Rhino lining on lower rocker panels and I run 33x12.5x17 DC IIs. In it's work life it hauls my tools, trailers and equipment to scattered work sites. Haggis, the truck, gots to work to earn its way to play.

Here is my rig,welcome to the site

Last edited by motomech; 09-13-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    1989 suburban V2500 6"lift 37/12.50/17 BF.Goodrich mud TA KM2's on H2 wheels 350/400/10b/14b
    Currently packed with everything i need to live for a few weeks anywhere!

Redline is offline Overland Training Alumni
    Expedition Portal Moderator
    Likes to Drive and Ride

Default '96 Crew-Cab Long-Bed

The smaller/lighter platforms are new to me, and though I like them and they have lots in their favor, I'm still a big fan of full-size diesel-powered trucks. Here are a few tire testing posed shots of my old rig. It doesn't get much more full-size on the trail than a crew-cab long-bed

The anti-roll bars were removed years ago and what it doesn't have in suspension flex it makes up for in frame twist.
    The first shot is with Toyo MT LT285/75R16E and the other two are with BFG MT LT255/85R16D.

Last edited by Redline; 09-13-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline
    The smaller/lighter platforms are new to me, and though I like them and they have lots in their favor, I'm still a big fan of full-size diesel-powered trucks. Here are a few tire testing poser shots of my old rig. It doesn't get much more full-size on the trail than a crew-cab long-bed

The anti-roll bars were removed years ago and what it doesn't have in suspension flex it makes up for in frame twist.
    The first shot is with Toyo MT LT285/75R16E and the other two are with BFG MT LT255/85R16D.

So whats the better tire? awesome pics, you can shove a basket ball between the bed and cab almost?

Redline is offline Overland Training Alumni
    Expedition Portal Moderator
    Likes to Drive and Ride
    Welcome mrblond. What tire is best... you are new here but that is quite a question to ask me.

Instead of cluttering up this full-sized thread with my tire comments, look at a few of the recent tire threads with many post from me and others.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblond
    So whats the better tire? awesome pics, you can shove a basket ball between the bed and cab almost?

Quote Originally Posted by Redline
    Welcome mrblond. What tire is best... you are new here but that is quite a question to ask me.

Instead of cluttering up this full-sized thread with my tire comments, look at a few of the recent tire threads with many post from me and others.
    Thanks, I will make it over to the tire threads some day. Those are the same tires I run but the big Diesal gets the Toyos.

Here is from the front:

And here is from the rear:

Ron Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by motomech
    Here is my rig,welcome to the site

I'd like to see a build up on this Suburban, I've been checking out Ron's.

Here's my base:

Page 1 of 271 1231151101 ... LastLast