Lets see some full size pictures...

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
eugene,
just saw your post. will get something loaded tomorrow. spent today with what may have been a major part of the country wondering whats next after todays events in D.C.

18seeds

Explorer
Thanks "18seeds"

I got to get me one of those. All we have is the Sportz Tent for the moment.
Looks really nice. I like it a lot.
How long does the heater work? Been overnighting in the snow?

most of my camping is winter camping. I have 2 heaters. The forced air and a wave 3 catalytic. No problem camping at 10k in negative temps. Only mod i did was add insulation in the roof emergency exit above the cabover.

This is my first Hard Side camper. I've had a few pop ups

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Here you go; not sure they'll give you the perspective you're looking for. . . .
PICT0140.jpg

PICT0142.jpg

PICT0143.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Correct on the question. The battery is in on the drivers front side of the engine bay (the radiator overflow is seen in the pictures on the passenger front side for comparison).

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
18 Seeds, did those windows come stock on that Northstar? I'd love to have some like that on ours.

They dont happen to have a name on them that you could give me do they?

That's a nice set-up

18seeds

Explorer
18 Seeds, did those windows come stock on that Northstar? I'd love to have some like that on ours.

They dont happen to have a name on them that you could give me do they?

That's a nice set-up

yes and no. The insulated windows are an option from NS but are very common on all their hardside models. They are made by Heki

Marc1

Observer
Here are some pics of my alternative to an SMB. :cool:

marc

Attachments

• WTW-PV_081.JPG
    WTW-PV_081.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • day6-2.jpg
    day6-2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 993
  • day6-8.jpg
    day6-8.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:

lllateralus

Observer
No EXPEDITIONS in Expedition Portal? Just kidding..

Here is our mostly stock 99' Expedition 5.4, 4x4, 3.73 gears, Trac Loc rear diff, 315 BFG AT's etc. 90K miles, and has been a GREAT truck. Great for exploring our northern Arizona country and chasing trains with the family.

P1010921.jpg

P1020095.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

EdoHart

Observer
Cool thread & my first post

Great looking rigs here. I've been looking and reading for some time. Here is my current rig and the one before it. Because I don't take many pictures of my truck, these are about the best I have.

Attachments

• 2008-11-10 15-11-25_0039s.jpg
    2008-11-10 15-11-25_0039s.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 2007-03-24 04s.jpg
    2007-03-24 04s.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 705

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Edohart ~ Nice to see another Chevy guy join up. lllateralus ~ nice Expedition, that was the last body style that I really liked as it still looked like an honest to goodness truck. I drove a rental one all over the West in 99 or therabouts, found it a very enjoyable ride.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

lllateralus

Observer
EdoHart, what truck do you like more? Your current Chevy, or previous Dodge? What year was the Dodge, and was it a decent truck?
(quality, reliability)

02Tahoe, Thanks for the compliment. I agree on the later style Expos not being as "truck". Much less ground clearance (looks like it) and the independent rear suspension screams 'soccer mom'.
Our Expo has performed admirably off road and has taken us to some remote places.... :camping:

EdoHart

Observer
EdoHart, what truck do you like more? Your current Chevy, or previous Dodge? What year was the Dodge, and was it a decent truck?
(quality, reliability)

02Tahoe, Thanks for the compliment. I agree on the later style Expos not being as "truck". Much less ground clearance (looks like it) and the independent rear suspension screams 'soccer mom'.
Our Expo has performed admirably off road and has taken us to some remote places.... :camping:

The Dodge is a '99, 1500, 4x4, 5.9L. I still own it. The FWC was a little too much for it, but it's great with the camper shell. Too bad I disassembled the setup I had in the bed, but at least that gives me a reason to build an improved version if I want it. For now it's my work truck.

The diesel Chevy is awesome, but it's not as good off road as the Dodge. It's longer, doesn't turn as tight, and the frame rails are a little lower. However, that doesn't mean that I don't take it just as many places.:smiley_drive:

bucketosudz

Explorer
Here is my current Camping Rig

1990 F250 with a VERY thirsty 460. It is a Love/Hate relationship as I just paid $3100 bones for a new tranny. I works real well for our family of 5, so I have a hard time thinking of a smaller outfit. Its a "poser" pic, but it will suffice for now :elkgrin:

new018.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne