Lets see some full size pictures...

Norcal6.0

Ya it took my 3 years of checking cl every other day to find the shell and rack i needed/wanted. I thought id never find one for less that $1200 to $1500.

I payed $500 for the "top one jobmaster"

Not in the best shape visually but its sturdy. Im going to tape off the windows and bedliner it this spring anyways so it worked out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

freedomrider

Ordinary average guy
Very nice setup. Our Northstar is going on 13 yrs now. One water pump and the carbon monoxide detector went out. That's it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Then again, Northstar wasn't even on my radar until I read your endorsements in various threads so I knew you were an advocate. You should get at least some sales commission from my purchase.

Since this is the full size vehicle forum I'll mention a first impression about the F-350. When deciding which engine to get, I initially thought that I didn't need or want the diesel (initial cost, DEF hassle, extra maintenance costs, etc.) and that the 6.2L gasser would be fine with the 3.73 axle. I'm now wondering if that combination has enough grunt for this sized rig. Maybe I just need to get used to some high rpm engine growling when ascending grades. On the other hand, the tranny seems to shift way more smoothly in my truck than it did in the diesel that I test drove. These are just impressions from an admittedly weak wrench; not trying to start a gas versus diesel war.

One objective data point, I'm getting about 9.6-9.7 mpg with the camper on according to the truck's computer.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yes, I had it at Good Carma Garage for a carrier bearing. I am now in SoCal, just completed a bunch more work. Champion aluminum radiator, Saginaw steering pump and remote cooler and a heat exchanger delete with remote oil cooler.
I think if I had another auto that heat exchanger would be the first thing to delete and do the remote relocation like you're doing. I've seen two truck's autos trashed by failures. One guy had just upgraded his slushbox to the tune of $4500 weeks before.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Then again, Northstar wasn't even on my radar until I read your endorsements in various threads so I knew you were an advocate. You should get at least some sales commission from my purchase.

Since this is the full size vehicle forum I'll mention a first impression about the F-350. When deciding which engine to get, I initially thought that I didn't need or want the diesel (initial cost, DEF hassle, extra maintenance costs, etc.) and that the 6.2L gasser would be fine with the 3.73 axle. I'm now wondering if that combination has enough grunt for this sized rig. Maybe I just need to get used to some high rpm engine growling when ascending grades. On the other hand, the tranny seems to shift way more smoothly in my truck than it did in the diesel that I test drove. These are just impressions from an admittedly weak wrench; not trying to start a gas versus diesel war.

One objective data point, I'm getting about 9.6-9.7 mpg with the camper on according to the truck's computer.
Do a hand calculation w/GPS to get the real deal. I think I'd do the same as you and pocket the $8K for the newer choked up diesels.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I think if I had another auto that heat exchanger would be the first thing to delete and do the remote relocation like you're doing. I've seen two truck's autos trashed by failures. One guy had just upgraded his slushbox to the tune of $4500 weeks before.

I have a manual Trans. The heat exchanger passes engine oil through the radiator water. If it fails, you get water in your oil! :Wow1:

MT6bt

Rock hound
Do a hand calculation w/GPS to get the real deal. I think I'd do the same as you and pocket the $8K for the newer choked up diesels.
x2 on the hand calculation. I've heard the vehicle's mpg rating can be off quite a bit. 9.6-9.7...ouch! Although I agree with the choked up diesel part. you probably wouldn't get that much better with that BS DEF system and the ridiculously oxymoronic emissions systems they put on the newer trucks.

XRrider

Observer
Heres a few pics. Damn no way to rotate? Im really retarded or posting pics is a major pain in the ***. Wondering why i cant just paste the photobucket link easily like everywhere else..

2012-08-18%2015_03_17.jpg IMG_20130610_092311.jpg IMG_20130702_183455.jpg

Just because I like Super Duty Fords, guns and girls with guns.

Norcal6.0

Kinda a wounded picture of the ex. But the oldest pic i could find of the truck with just a leveling kit. It was bone stock when i got it. Soon as the rain stops and i sand off the rust, ill primer the lumber rack and post some pics. I need to order like 3 gallons of durabak to do the rack, shell, inside the bed and the rockerpanels/fenders.

Speaking of which. Ive never done DIY bedliner. What do you guys recomend? I was leaning towards the durabak purely because its premixed and seems easier and good reviews. But ive heard good things about monstaliner.

notajeep

Observer
attachment.php

Yesterday when I bought her

attachment.php

attachment.php

Testing her out

attachment.php

Victory!

Not as cool as some of your guys rigs, but I'm stoked to be back in a truck in the dirt, bought this old girl yesterday. 1994 K1500, 134,000 miles. The paint is pretty much **** but the body is solid and straight, and she runs like a champ. I got it with a 14bsf already swapped in, a nice sounding 3" exhaust and some 265/75 Goodyear authorities with about half tread. Removed the air dam this morning, more with have to wait 'til payday.

Nice truck, and great to see other Cache Valley members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne