noJeepshere

Adventurer
Poser shot but it's not on pavement.

d8736896c54fb244cc5641face1b5a1c.jpg

597a8f898df776cf49f99d3e4a457135.jpg

sent from a slablet

gunpainter

Observer
I've been lurking a bit, trying to find what option I have for outfitting my truck as an overlanding vehicle. Got 2 girls (11 going on 23, and 7 going on 'Karma for all the shenanigans daddy pulled as a kid') that I'm planning some road trips this summer. I'm self employed, so spending a month on the road isn't out of the question for the girls and I, but momma can only do a week or so at most, and we still have to stay where cell reception (for internet) is possible.

Truck is a 2012 Ram 3500 mega cab Longhorm. 6.7L Cummins Diesel, deleted and tuned. Gets outstanding fuel mileage for a truck that weighs in near 8K lbs. I have a Diamondback SE cover on it now, love how I can walk around on it, and all the tie downs so i'm not limited as much on capacity. We're on the fence at this moment about a off-road popup camper for this summer's adventures, tents are nice, but i'm old'ish (37), and do like the idea of having a nice bed each night.

I would love to outfit the beast as a full on go anywhere, anytime vehicle, but I don't know if the kids are willing to be as hardcore about it as I (former Army infantry, been in some pretty uncomfortable places, so if i'm dry, i'm happy), and I know that the wife isn't at all. her idea of camping would be an popup camper in a park that has shower houses, electric hookups, and toilets nearby. I'd hate to be the guy that has all the kit, and the rig to do it, and never takes it out and gets it dirty because the kids don't like it.

I'm looking forward to outfitting the truck, just hoping to avoid looking silly along the way. Are there any companies (besides AEV) that specialize in Ram trucks?

truck.jpg

55f358d0b23a22684afd59a6.jpg

Last edited:

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Looked pretty familiar. Never been to Vantage, but grew up along the Columbia in Hermiston Or.. The dry end of the Columbia is one of my all time favorite places..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94