Lets see some full size pictures...

adventr

Adventurer
Who did the Solid Axle Swap? And how hard/expensive was it? I'd love to get a duramax v8 Chevy, but the IFS has always kept me at a distance.

Also, your truck looks amazing! The lift, tires, lights, ect. give it an aggressive appearance, but not overly so...it seems more functional than anything else, unlike a lot of the lifted bro trucks you see on the road. Great work!

Thanks bud. SAS 07 classic has always been my dream Chevy. I designed/built the SAS setup. You can see my build thread here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/chevy/2379705-multipurpose-duramax-build.html

ridethebigone

Just scored this beauty of a beast for $1,500. 1989 F-250 with the million-mile-reliable 7.3 IDI deezle and ZF5 manual transmission. Can't wait to go hoark it into the woods this fall.

4q22w0.jpg

ivyhs3.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
Just scored this beauty of a beast for $1,500. 1989 F-250 with the million-mile-reliable 7.3 IDI deezle and ZF5 manual transmission. Can't wait to go hoark it into the woods this fall.

4q22w0.jpg

ivyhs3.jpg

Man I love those old brick nose Fords!!!! My first was an 88' F-250. Small block and a five speed. You couldn't kill that truck! Awesome score on yours!!!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Lucky you . Replace the front axle with a one ton and enjoy it. I love those old fords.

Yeah,a Dana 60 upfront would complete it. Insanely wide turning radius but for the price you can handle a lot of y-turns. Banks makes some great performance equipment for the Fords. Good find.

frojoe

Adventurer
Joe's truck "Sally"

Here's my 1998.5 24V 5spd. 240,000km and just completed a ~5,000km trip around northern BC and dipping into Yukon and Alaska. Has Thuren front coils, sway bar, and Fox 2.0 shocks, another brand tubular control arms, RedHead steering box, and DOR track bar. Currently figuring out a custom Chevy 64" leaf spring rear suspension swap. Has 35" Firestone MT's on 17"x9" ProComp steelies, onboard air with a 5gal tank, exhaust brake, front and rear [small] LED lights, an inverter, a Truckfridge 51qt fridge powered by a 3rd battery on a circuit breaker, and a fullsize spare holder and jerry can rack along with a bed sleeping platform in the bed. Everything has been serviced, installed, or fabricated by myself.

adventure01.jpg

adventure02.jpg

adventure03.jpg

adventure05.jpg

adventure05.jpg

adventure04.jpg

frojoe

Adventurer
The Thuren coils made a bigger difference than advertised and expected! Interestingly enough, I noticed an even bigger improvement once I replaced the factory sway bar with the Thuren one. Even on straight bumps like a speed bump, the aged and hardened stock bushings on the OEM sway bar seemed to prevent the front axle from reacting as lively as the coils wanted to allow it to. When I unhooked the stock sway bar end links, the frame bushings were so hard and tight that I couldn't for the life of me rotate the factory sway bar on the frame! The Thuren-tuned Fox shocks were a nice surprise too... the low speed compression tune provides stable cornering but the mid/high-speed compression easily soaks up abrupt bumps over 20-30km/h. That being said, even the coils would be a drastic and worthwhile improvement over stock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles