Lets see some full size pictures...

jadmt

ignore button user
exploring some remote wilderness and looking for abandoned copper mines.

along the way I came across this stuck Nissan, those unfortunate folks lost the 4x4 of there truck , and been stuck for few hours.
Very few ppl travel there,
His girlfriend said to me, I never been more excited to see a hummer ?‍♂️?
I had to pull him about 4 miles very slowly and carefully until the canyon ended and road got ok enough for him to drive with 2wd , took 3 hours to pass 4 miles.
View attachment 611917View attachment 611918View attachment 611919View attachment 611920View attachment 611921View attachment 611922View attachment 611923View attachment 611924View attachment 611925

I am sure he added to his must do list...put on some real sliders and bigger tires and get a Hummer lol

HUMMER/Expeditions

Haha who knows , maybe she was one of those liberal chicks that absolutely hate the hummer until they need a rescue.
Or she just likes to give Hummers lol

I remember when I bought my hummer in 2005 I was getting flipped off by those every time I drove my truck.
How times changed Now is unbelievable.
now days it’s thumbs up everywhere,

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
;)
50343562841_db8b9aafea_h.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Haha who knows , maybe she was one of those liberal chicks that absolutely hate the hummer until they need a rescue.
Or she just likes to give Hummers lol

I remember when I bought my hummer in 2005 I was getting flipped off by those every time I drove my truck.
How times changed Now is unbelievable.
now days it’s thumbs up everywhere,
My earthly unicorn friend hated diesels until he drove a Toyota Hilux diesel in Nicaragua. Same deal with a Baja Score Race. He watched the 500 with all it's amazing vehicles and was blown away.

Antwon412

Little by little it’s becoming my Overland Road. Mounted up some KC off-road lights. Still need to wire those up and then swapped out the factory runningboards for the aftermarket ones that are a couple inches higher and tighter to the body

C9D205C1-FB5B-4ABE-B182-22725807B64E.jpeg

Overlandtowater

I like how you've trimmed front and rear bumpers/body for more clearance/approach/departure. I cant cut the body on my 8.1 burb but I have another 1/2 ton burb project that's going under the sawzall for sure
Just check out the build page....on the rear I just trimmed the bottom even with the bottom of the rear most body mount, the front I just removed the bumper and for now the bumper cap is just zip tied up.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Just bought another 1/2 ton 4WD burb at a local NM Fire Department auction. Has 190K, straight, clean, rust free, power everything, has an engine noise (my guess is the usual 5.3L worn out cam and lifters) Added bonus is new tires, massive equipment drawer in the back and a big Warn winch hidden under the front bumper. Paid $550. This is going to be a weekend camping rig that Im not afraid to pinstripe in the bushes.
018 (1280x960).jpg019 (1280x960).jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier