Lets see some full size pictures...

Bill Beers

Explorer
2004 Dodge 2500 4x4 during one of the ice races during the 2008 Alcan 5000 Winter Rally.

2283395238_93caec4008_b.jpg

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Thats an awesome photo. You just won coolest snow rooster in the full sized category. :bowdown:

Zatara

Adventurer
02TahoeMD said:
...she's a 2002 Tahoe, too many mods to list here.....

IMG_4255.jpg

showing a bit of flex

IMG_4269.jpg

Do you have a pic of the side of the ARB bumper ?
I wanted to see how far it sticks out from the grille area.
I have been looking at the ARB for my truck (Chevy 2500HD) but it sure looks like it sticks out more than I would like.
It doesn't look like it is tucked in as close as the LCs, Tacomas or the 4runners.

Marc1

Observer
White Mammoth

I have been trying to upload some pics of my rig and they just wont go. Any suggestions ???

Marc

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Molonlabe-
The bumper on my Tahoe actually IS for the Land Cruiser 100 series. I modded it to fit. It is a good bit smaller in overall dimensions compared to the Chevy ARB bumper. I am on vacation right now and my net connection is pretty rotten, so I cant post up cross links, but go to z71tahoe-suburban.com, go to Mid Atlantic, and check the pics from the most recent meet and greet. There are side by side photos of a Suburban with the Chevy ARB and my Tahoe with the modded LC ARB. The LC ARB sticks out about 4 or so inches less than the Chevy one.
Other pics located in the links in my sig line too. After vacation I hope to be able to post up how I modded the bumper to fit the truck.
Any questions dont hesitate to drop me a PM....

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Marc1 said:
..been trying to upload some pics of my rig and they just wont go. Any suggestions ???
Until the upload-direct-from-your-computer feature gets fixed, I resorted to Photobucket - it's free, once you put your photos there, you just click on the IMG code which copies the photo and you can paste it in your message here.

Heavy sigh, the poor mileage of my full size, and its need for more restoration than I have patience to do causes me to want to sell it.
mychalet1.jpg

Marc1

Observer
77blazerchalet said:
Until the upload-direct-from-your-computer feature gets fixed, I resorted to Photobucket - it's free, once you put your photos there, you just click on the IMG code which copies the photo and you can paste it in your message here.

Heavy sigh, the poor mileage of my full size, and its need for more restoration than I have patience to do causes me to want to sell it.
mychalet1.jpg

Thanks blazerchalet

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Marc1 said:
I have been trying to upload some pics of my rig and they just wont go. Any suggestions ???

Hey Marc - :beer:

The forum's attachment manager is having issues. If you want, you can send them to me and I'll host them for you. Photobucket is great, I use it for some photo storage too. Can't beat free & easy.

Carlyle said:
Ford F350 and Alaskan camper, slightly modded.
Funniest thing I've read in this thread.

Marc1

Observer
kcowyo said:
Hey Marc - :beer:

The forum's attachment manager is having issues. If you want, you can send them to me and I'll host them for you. Photobucket is great, I use it for some photo storage too. Can't beat free & easy.

Funniest thing I've read in this thread.

Thankss KC.

Marc

RedDog

Explorer
I came across this shot from Kandahar, Afghanistan at the Boston Globe site the other day.

Check the rig these guys are traveling in.

SoxFlag.jpg

bat

Explorer
2006 Ford Super Duty 4x4 6.0 diesel, Fx4, Warn bumper, Warn 16.5 TI winch, Donahoe supension, Roof racks by me ,Gas can holders by me, Hella 500 fog, Hella FF 1000 driving, 35" BFG on Mojave ceramics, IT DOES NOT LIKE SWITCH BACKS

View attachment 22232

View attachment 22233

Last edited:

benjamin

Observer
I built this truck about 7 years back and thought I was near finished until I lurked over here [great site] awhile.
100_0619.jpg
[/IMG]
1. transplanted 6.9 IHC TD
2.Dana 60 rear/44 HD front w/1 ton disc brake conversion
3.C6 Three speed auto built w/extra clutches and lower 1st and 2nd planetary set.
4.NP 203 transfercase
5.2" Skyjacker lift and shocks
6.33/12.5/16.5 ATs will be changed 285/75/16s
and alot more.
The diesel transplant increased my short trip [8-10 miles] mileage to 14-16 mpg.
Future mods will be; different wheel tire comb., overdrive or od. transmission and upgraded exhaust.

The camper is an old Avion truck camper that has been totally gutted so I'll be starting with a clean slate. Construction is rivited aluminum with composite plywood/foam floor, walls and "wings".
sideviewnewflrwings.jpg
[/IMG]

Dennis

Last edited:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Dennis,
When you get into doing the fit-out of the Avion please start a build thread. I grew up in an Airstream and both of those brands bring back the warm fuzzies!

benjamin

Observer
ntsqd said:
Dennis,
When you get into doing the fit-out of the Avion please start a build thread. I grew up in an Airstream and both of those brands bring back the warm fuzzies!

I'll be sure to do that.
As I get closer to starting work on it I'll be looking for some ideas.

Dennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles