Lets see some full size pictures...

mkitchen

Explorer
Nice Apache

Here's my obsession.

magic.jpg

Not the biggest... Not the baddest... maybe not even the oldest... but in my eyes, the prettiest damn thing I've ever seen. (that's why she's mine)

To see more pictures (and there are a LOT of them) click on the link in my signature!

We have a 60 Apache Suburban (actually a crummy, if you are familiar with them) that has gone from me to my daughter. she is in the process of restoring it but since it came from Idaho, there is a bit of work to do on the body. The drive train is pretty well done with the only upgrade being a small block 383 replacing the 283 it originally had. It is nice working on the older stuff.
Mikey

Pooch72

Adventurer
...It is nice working on the older stuff.
Mikey

I couldn't agree more. My 2001 Tahoe is the family grocery getter and I HATE to work on it. Even an oil change is a chore and a half, but when it's time to play, it's time to bring out the old Apache. Built from the ground up, and fun to play with. I don't abuse it, but I'm not afraid to get it dirty either.

KaiserM715

Adventurer
The lively 390 engine was working great, fires right up at -20F. {snip}
I'm on the verge of just letting my wallet take the hit and having it rebuilt, mainly because I've got my heart set on 445 stroker with aluminum heads. No matter how terrible mileage it will get.

I have 390 waiting to be rebuilt to go into my M715. Great engines with pretty good aftermarket support.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
No Desert, as you can see from the video, if you drive a stock 6 cylinder Chevy then you wont have any problems locking up. I do agree, it was one cool video....:iagree:

helcaraxe

Just made a potentially good (or bad) decision and bought a 1993 Suburban on a whim. It looks like it's had a lot of work done to it already. P.O. tells me it's garage kept, babied, and perfect inside w/ no mechanical problems. I plan on it being a camping/adventure vehicle for myself and the girlfriend. It's located in Ohio and we're gonna travel out there on April 8th to pick it up and drive it back to Jersey. Unfortunately I am now selling my 1977 Ford F150 to gain some room in the driveway...

'93 GMC Suburban
burb1.gif

burb2.gif

burb3.gif

MrBeast

Explorer
Just made a potentially good (or bad) decision and bought a 1993 Suburban on a whim. It looks like it's had a lot of work done to it already. P.O. tells me it's garage kept, babied, and perfect inside w/ no mechanical problems. I plan on it being a camping/adventure vehicle for myself and the girlfriend. It's located in Ohio and we're gonna travel out there on April 8th to pick it up and drive it back to Jersey. Unfortunately I am now selling my 1977 Ford F150 to gain some room in the driveway...

'93 GMC Suburban
burb1.gif

burb2.gif

burb3.gif

Sweet burb, Id take it over a ford any day! lol

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
nice looking Sub.......lots of lift and tire for a 1/2 ton IFS. what gears are in it?

yeah 2500 or go home... why they ever made a 1500 AND a 2500 burb is beyond me. Besides the Duramax trucks, the Burb is the only rig I have ever cared for made by GM. Just not a fan of their newer gas motors.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
yeah 2500 or go home... why they ever made a 1500 AND a 2500 burb is beyond me. Besides the Duramax trucks, the Burb is the only rig I have ever cared for made by GM. Just not a fan of their newer gas motors.

The beauty of a Chevy is that almost everything is interchageable. I once put a 1967 Chevele V8 moter in a Chevy van that had a V6. When I was going to mount the power steering pump up, I was afraid that it would require custom fabrication. But no, the same bolt patern was there for me to use. Talk about simplicity! That is what keeps costs down and home-made ingenuity up. I say run that new `Burb´for a while and see if the stock configuration works for you. If not, the possibilities are endless!:Wow1:

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
The beauty of a Chevy is that almost everything is interchageable. I once put a 1967 Chevele V8 moter in a Chevy van that had a V6. When I was going to mount the power steering pump up, I was afraid that it would require custom fabrication. But no, the same bolt patern was there for me to use. Talk about simplicity! That is what keeps costs down and home-made ingenuity up. I say run that new `Burb´for a while and see if the stock configuration works for you. If not, the possibilities are endless!:Wow1:

yeah that works with all the old 350's such but the newer motors are not designed that way on purpose.

I have driven to many of these gas trucks (25-30) that were made in the 2000 and newer and been extremely disappointed. The only ones I liked were the duramax diesels. I like the idea of the burb more than the actual rig. if I was gonna buy a burb type rig of any kind it would probably be the ford excursion with the PSD.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
yeah that works with all the old 350's such but the newer motors are not designed that way on purpose.

Agreed the new motors of all cars suck for this very reason. Why do you think that the old slant 6 Dodge motor was discontinued?

Anyone swap a new chevy V8 to an old V8 if that is what you want to do.
In the case of the new `burb´ I say run it and try it. I have seen guys put 2.5 ton Rockwells in and have fun. The possibilities are endless....:)

Dont you think?:cool::friday::ar15::violent-smiley-031::punk03::littlefriend::suning:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles