Lets see some full size pictures...

mkitchen

Explorer
I love those "Irrationals"

I have always like the old Cornbinders. I have had 7 over the years and never a Travelall. A tougher truck has not been built. Enjoy!
Mikey

belkar

It was a nice e-bay find. It's essentially stock other than the front axle and the lockers. Those are the 2 mods I would want anyway. The plan is to get some reasonable size tires on there (maybe 235\85\16) and go through all the standard reliability stuff. Then maybe I'll work on a drawer system.

rwhockey29

hope this counts as a full size rig. deffinitely still a work in progress.how i got it:

bc9391a9.jpg

c1a7e735.jpg

cheapo tach:

f8e26690.jpg

picked up a battery isolator, to run the truck off one battery, and all electronics off another. using a marine deep cycle battery for backup

51817193.jpg

rhino lined the front floor boards for easy clean up:

dcfb7799.jpg

rock sliders i pulled off the trooper before i sold it:

f4c7252d.jpg

lift kit came in. using a set of 3rd gen ram 1500 leaf springs for the rear for more flex and a better ride:

337e06cc.jpg

rear bumper i built:

9c4db406.jpg

54c04f1f.jpg

still A LOT of work to do to it. its my daily right now.

D

Deleted member 9101

Here's our new to us '70 Travelall. It's got a 392, wide ratio T19, NP202, dana 60's and ARB lockers on both ends. The 37" humvee tires will be coming off shortly. They look cool, but I want to be able to turn to the right.

137.JPG

138.JPG

My Grandfather bought one brand new in 1970, brown with the classy wood grain sides and plaid seats. He pulled a 30' airstream all over the country for about 20 years with it. 9mpg empty, 8 pulling..... gotta love consistency. :ylsmoke:

dzzz

My Grandfather bought one brand new in 1970, brown with the classy wood grain sides and plaid seats. He pulled a 30' airstream all over the country for about 20 years with it. 9mpg empty, 8 pulling..... gotta love consistency. :ylsmoke:

plaid......we need more plaid seats.

Your grandpa knew every inch of that truck and trailer. There's a lot to be said for that. Consider the expensive RV has depreciated $100K after 30 nights of use over a couple years.

D

Deleted member 9101

plaid......we need more plaid seats.

Your grandpa knew every inch of that truck and trailer. There's a lot to be said for that. Consider the expensive RV has depreciated $100K after 30 nights of use over a couple years.

Haha, yeah. He bought both of them brand new on the same day....sold them both on the same day too. If that truck was out of the driveway, 90% of the time it had the camper behind it. I forget how many miles were on it when he sold it, but it was astronomical for a gas powered vehicle built back then...lol. He actually wore out the interior of the camper, and had to have a cabinet shop rebuild it.

Consequently, my grandfathers first profession was a machinist/mechanic for the railroad. He could get an insane amount of use out of any price of equipment...lol. Later he became a aeronautical engineer, but he never gave up his love for trains. Now he restores old firetrucks for the volunteer FD he has been with for like 50 years. that's his version of "retirement".

I tried to find some pics of the truck and camper, but this is the closest I could find. That's my Grandpa getting me addicted to motorcycles, and the truck is behind us. The dent in the fender is from some chick pulling out in front of us while my Grandma was driving, turned the car into a taco, bent the trucks fender and bumper, and smacked me into the nice hard dash...lol. So in the pic is my first motorcycle (I rode it as a teenager, 1969 Honda CL 125) and my first car wreck...lol.

GrandPaLeeRoyandI1969HondaCL125alamogorodoNM1979.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
I have two full size rigs:

My 83 Chevy Lindy setup to tow my Raider, lived in for almost a year for my new job.
100_9456.jpg

My 88 Chevy K30 that needs a plan.
P4190068.jpg

Russell

D

Deleted member 9101

I believe that. Don't seem to be many good people left, as pessimistic as that sounds.

Oh tell me about it, since I have decided to go back to school and I'm in my mid 30's its rather disappointing. I see all of these kids on campus and I honestly worry about the future of our nation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles