Lets see some full size pictures...

SES50

Observer
I was told 10 years ago the I could not get my F350 through Stone. At the time I did not have anything smaller so I ended up riding with another guy just in case and I did not want to make the group turn around. When we got there I looked at it and though, "I could get a full size through here." Thanks for showing me that what I thought was correct. Does not look like much has changed there in the last 10 years. Can not say the same for Mengle Pass. It had gotten a lot worse the last time I went through.

32f96ac14e2dd78538cb7255710b67fb.jpg

Steel Pass, Death Valley
16537a7814313c719b67bac9f85bff29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

armymgdude

Observer
I was told 10 years ago the I could not get my F350 through Stone. At the time I did not have anything smaller so I ended up riding with another guy just in case and I did not want to make the group turn around. When we got there I looked at it and though, "I could get a full size through here." Thanks for showing me that what I thought was correct. Does not look like much has changed there in the last 10 years. Can not say the same for Mengle Pass. It had gotten a lot worse the last time I went through.
e02804071b312aa3bef67f1622c33db2.jpg

Mengel Pass was actually a little easier, but I did have to use my bridging ladders to get up one spot.

SES50

Observer
Here is the family at Mengel and coming down the backside in August 2013. That rock right in front of the rear tire was a little tricky because it was really loose and I was worried about sliding off into that big rock. Reading the log at Geologist Cabin the next day a guy made a comment that Mengel was the most torn up that he had seen it in 5 years. That was a week after the big flash flood in Panamint.

mengle1.JPG

Mengle2.JPG

armymgdude

Observer
Here is the family at Mengel and coming down the backside in August 2013. That rock right in front of the rear tire was a little tricky because it was really loose and I was worried about sliding off into that big rock. Reading the log at Geologist Cabin the next day a guy made a comment that Mengel was the most torn up that he had seen it in 5 years. That was a week after the big flash flood in Panamint.

View attachment 382157

View attachment 382158
When we asked at the ranger station, they said Mengel Pass was reported as impassable. I asked what kind of vehicle, and they had no clue. There were stock Toyota parts littering the trail, but we made it through with no issue in my stockish power wagon. Steel Pass, we rubbed the tailpipe, back bumper, slider, and skidplate.

SES50

Observer
We have been talking about doing a run down there in April. Maybe I will have to try a run on Mengel now that I here it is impassable. :)

rayra

Expedition Leader
waiting for our local rains to drop some snow below the 4000' pass in the I-5 Grapevine tonight or tomorrow so I can go fart around in it. in the meantime...

theshadowknows_zpspvdray3c.jpg

BMac Attack

2006 Tahoe

Hi there, I'm fairly new. Thought I would post up my new digger with before and after pics. I've been a Chevy guy forever. They are reliable inexpensive and lots of room for me. I'm a taller guy so some of the smaller vehicles don't work for me and I need room for my three kids and the dog.
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg

heres my 2007 Chevy Avalanche LT w/ cammed 6.2 LS3 swap - 6" BDS lift, Fox 2.0 coil-overs, 33" Trail Grapplers, Iron Bull bumpers (front and rear), Warn Zeon10 winch, Wilwood brakes

IMG_7849.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94