D45

Explorer
attachment.php

Not that's a sharp looking Ford truck!

Specs?

D45

Explorer
Airing out the cap after a weekend of camping

Needless to say, I have to remove the cap next weekend, flip it upside down, and use some 3M 38315 Panel Adhesive.........the fiberglass is pulling away from the mounting rails that clamp to the bed rail, leaving a 1/4"-3/8" gap for water to sneak inside

My $500 used Swiss cap has been great for 5 years.......and I hope I can fix it!

It is pulling back about 20"-24" on each side

I am hoping this fixes and holds it for 2-3 years

IMG_20141026_105048_808_zpsh6lpjypn.jpg

mkitchen

Explorer
Hey! A set of pictures out in the outback.

I know it is easier to take pictures when the truck is in the driveway, lord knows that I have done plenty of those myself, but it is nice to see some shots of a rig being used, and in some nice looking country to boot.
Mikey

ExploringNH

Explorer
very nice rig....do they have some nice easy/moderate trails up by the White Mtns.?
Trails are limited around the whites. There are some easy forest roads (think stock Subaru). Other than that you have to head west and south for legal roads/trails.

Malamute

Observer
If you're interested in an OBS Chevy, call Arizona. They can drag one out of the junkyard, restore and repaint it, sell for about $9k easy. Maybe less. Likely the best place to buy an old car in the world. Amazing what you can find for cheap down there. I'd take a loss competing with those guys.

I've seen a lot of very clean old vehicles in Mt and Wy also. No salt on the roads, they don't rust out unless left with mud caked in wheel wells and such. I found a real clean mid 80's Bronco for a buddy in the mid west. He flew out, picked it up and drove it home. He loved that one and got several good years out of it, until it finally succumbed to the salted roads in his area and he gave up on it.

I missed out on a mid 90's Suburban last summer. Very clean inside and out, a color I liked, less than 200k miles, and about $4k. No money,...oh well.

Troidl

Here's my 1500HD in Indiana this past weekend at Summit Lake State Park. It was COLD! Late 80's Skamper pop up on the back. Only my second time out with it!

Attachments

• truck camping.jpg
    truck camping.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior