Lets see some full size pictures...

MT6bt

Rock hound
Arizona? I hope to head down there this winter and do lots of exploring/rockhounding. And yep, sure does suck when they turn into ATV trails! It wasnt an issue with.my 4runner but my ram on the other hand...!

Rockhounder

Explorer
Is that a permanent setup?

Yes, permanently mounted, charge wires perforating through rear roof area over where spare tyre uesd to sit. Now that spare tyre area inside has the racks for the deep cycle/marine batteries and a charge controller, so there is no real intrusion into the cargo area. The batteries also have a connection on the negative to the body, and a 4 gauge monster cable that is switch isolated which goes to the vehicle/engine compartment battery, if that ever needs to be charged. ALso, the real nice thing is that since there are several inches of clear ventilation space under the panels above the original roofline, our interior is noticeably cooler even in the hot direct sun.

Rockhounder

Explorer
How vulnerable are those?

Well, they flex some when we go through the car wash and the jet water beats down on them, so I would guess that the glass is borosilicate for toughness. I'm sure if you throw a rock on them they would crack, and unless you drive through big tree branches that have to get pushed up over your roof, you would get possible scratches, We have used these same panels for years on our Boles Aero 28' travel trailer all over the roof, and have had branches, albeit thin ones, fall on the panels and they did fine.

Alot stronger than I thought Thanks!
Well, they flex some when we go through the car wash and the jet water beats down on them, so I would guess that the glass is borosilicate for toughness. I'm sure if you throw a rock on them they would crack, and unless you drive through big tree branches that have to get pushed up over your roof, you would get possible scratches, We have used these same panels for years on our Boles Aero 28' travel trailer all over the roof, and have had branches, albeit thin ones, fall on the panels and they did fine.

mccustomize

Explorer
poor quality but it's from my instagram....
10543897_826833907327162_361901514_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online