Lets see some full size pictures...

xwerx

Observer
I have been lurking for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself.

This is my rig, loaded with gear for 11 days of fun in the San Juans.
zz.jpg

Airing out, as much as you can stock. On Cinnamon Pass.
Picture621.jpg

The truck is basically stock for now. I have big plans for it starting in the new year..

Daniel

Last edited:

jcbrandon

Explorer
Welcome aboard, Daniel.

It seems that we full-size guys tend to keep a lower profile. Your pictures demonstrate why: Load enough gear for a week and half long trip and the truck still looks the same. Rest assured, we are here, and out on the trails as well. As you have already discovered, ExPo is an excellent group of people with much to share.

Maybe we Dodge, Ford, and GM big pickup folk ought to come up with a secret handshake so we can recognize one another :)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Wecome to the Expo Daniel!

I personally think a truck, especially a quad or crew cab, is one of the best all around "Expo" rigs around. Plenty of room for gear, room for the family, and when you get home you can haul firewood or gravel and make your rig work for its keep. When we headed down to the Mon08 trip a couple of weeks ago, not only did we have a weeks worth of gear in the back of the truck, but we had two extra kids for a total of six people on a 6 hour drive. All were comfy and had a great trip down. Here's a shot of my '01 Ram on the forest roads of WV.

100_0906a.jpg

The truck has the offroad package (factory lift, skidplates and other stuff), looks stock but has a Detriot locker in the rear, Elocker in front, color matched Rhino lining on lower rocker panels and I run 33x12.5x17 DC IIs. In it's work life it hauls my tools, trailers and equipment to scattered work sites. Haggis, the truck, gots to work to earn its way to play.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
'96 Crew-Cab Long-Bed

The smaller/lighter platforms are new to me, and though I like them and they have lots in their favor, I'm still a big fan of full-size diesel-powered trucks. Here are a few tire testing posed shots of my old rig. It doesn't get much more full-size on the trail than a crew-cab long-bed :smiley_drive:

The anti-roll bars were removed years ago and what it doesn't have in suspension flex it makes up for in frame twist.
The first shot is with Toyo MT LT285/75R16E and the other two are with BFG MT LT255/85R16D.

20060630-095646.jpg

20070401-162931.jpg

20070401-163423-1.jpg

Last edited:

mrblond

Observer
Redline said:
The smaller/lighter platforms are new to me, and though I like them and they have lots in their favor, I'm still a big fan of full-size diesel-powered trucks. Here are a few tire testing poser shots of my old rig. It doesn't get much more full-size on the trail than a crew-cab long-bed :smiley_drive:

The anti-roll bars were removed years ago and what it doesn't have in suspension flex it makes up for in frame twist.
The first shot is with Toyo MT LT285/75R16E and the other two are with BFG MT LT255/85R16D.

20060630-095646.jpg

20070401-162931.jpg

20070401-163423-1.jpg

So whats the better tire? awesome pics, you can shove a basket ball between the bed and cab almost?

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Welcome mrblond. What tire is best... you are new here but that is quite a question to ask me. :sombrero:

Instead of cluttering up this full-sized thread with my tire comments, look at a few of the recent tire threads with many post from me and others.

mrblond said:
So whats the better tire? awesome pics, you can shove a basket ball between the bed and cab almost?

mrblond

Observer
Redline said:
Welcome mrblond. What tire is best... you are new here but that is quite a question to ask me. :sombrero:

Instead of cluttering up this full-sized thread with my tire comments, look at a few of the recent tire threads with many post from me and others.

Thanks, I will make it over to the tire threads some day. Those are the same tires I run but the big Diesal gets the Toyos.

motomech

Adventurer
mrstang01 said:
I'd like to see a build up on this Suburban, I've been checking out Ron's.

Here's my base:

I would really like to "build it up" but cash has been tight lately.
since that picture i added a set of 37/12.50/17's BFG KM2'S and a few more dents.
last week i was able to get a hold of some "pork chop"style tool boxes that i will install over the wheel wells and move the spare to the roof or the rear bumper
currently all my camping stuff is in crates in the back with the third seat removed .For sleeping i lay down the second row of seating and it gives us a 4.5x9ft place to sleep with a foam pad for comfort when we cannot go outside raining etc we have a 10" lcd dvd player hanging from the roof
I can carry 40 gallons of fuel and 14 gallons of water....My 2 kids sleep in a tent LOL

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
The old Tundra is about the size of an F150, no? You're in Jim :)

jim65wagon said:
Ooooh! Can I play too? I know most people don't regard it as a fullsize, but is really is; really... it's just svelte.

2069202217_d69bbd7ded.jpg

CSG

Explorer
My stock 2001 GMC. It does duty as a fifth wheel hauler so it will stay stock. The roads and places I tend to travel are well served by this rig.

It has the Vortec 6.0 and Michelin LTX M/S 245/75 R16 tires.

my.php
38458210426_5f28140985_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste