Lets see some full size pictures...

El Gordo

EL Gordo
Sweet rig. A 7.3 Excursion would be about the only thing that would get me out of my Suburbans.

After many Jeeps, a couple Discos & 2 Land Cruisers I crossed another one off the vehicle bucket list with an Excursion. I always thought they were a great platform for an expo rig. It's big for sure! Since taking ownership I've been able to successfully navigate it on some tight trails & logging roads during the PA hunting season with little more than some tree branch racing stripes. It also made the trip from PA to Gunnison National Forest & back clocking about 3800 miles. It worked great.
It's an 04 gasser and so far I've replaced the front springs & added the bumper & winch, 285/75-16 KO2's on F250 steelies, MM hubs, roof rack, running board removal and a tool box full of essentials in the back w/ 3rd row seat removed. Complete baseline with all new fluids. Hope to work on some more interior upgrades over the winter.

View attachment 324132
View attachment 324133

armymgdude

Observer
Poser pic of my new ride.

889b341c48f27b5047ed124a94fdb4df.jpg

Pangle

Wanderer
Im thinking about selling mine.. I just got done working on her. I want to get back in a Van.

2004 6.0 lots of work done by ford. Blue spring kit, 4" zone off road lift, all new susp bushings up front, sleeping platform and cabinets in the back. I just took it out for a shake down run last weekend and it performed awesome. I may be listing it on here soon

IMG_3440.jpg

p nut

butter
Im thinking about selling mine.. I just got done working on her. I want to get back in a Van.

Curious, why a van over the Excursion? That thing looks like a van on roids. I'm sure a full size van like an Econoline will have more interior room though.

Pangle

Wanderer
Curious, why a van over the Excursion? That thing looks like a van on roids. I'm sure a full size van like an Econoline will have more interior room though.

I had a 2001 7.3 Ambulance I converted to a mini camper... hard wood floors, cabinets, folding bed, it was sweet! I got the Ex after I sold the van because I always wanted one. I DO love this Excursion and its a monster but I just loved the versatility of the Van. My was a raised top so it was pretty nice space wise.. ugh I dunno

IMG_2918.jpgIMG_2924.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste