Lets see some full size pictures...

armymgdude

Observer
No, we started to go down the other side of Gallagher lake, but the slide area was freaking my wife out, so we just came back down the 301. Maybe we will go back, but really we want to find something new.

tip

Adventurer
Test fitting new tires, finally.

photo%284%29.JPG

tip

Adventurer
Love the square. Any more about this truck?

Thanks, not much more than a bone stock 1 ton right now. This previous grandpa truck was abused by a high school kid for 2 years before I got a hold of it.

Hoping to have the tires done next week, waiting on some Dyna Beads.

arveetek

Adventurer
Hey everyone, Ive been watching quietly in the background for years now and its time I started to speak up. I finally found the truck that has taken me the better part of a decade to find and I couldn't be more ecstatic to start building

Here is my "new to me" 1996 6.5L Turbo Diesel Yukon. At this point it hasn't had to much done to it aside from what you can see in the picture. Front bumper was changed out, it was lifted up 5.5 inches and stood up on 35's. Somewhere along the line it picked up two bad paint jobs -green and black after the factory white, the interior was re-died black from the burgundy it got from GM and the stock fabric got an upgrade to leather. Oh and its seen its fair share of road both asphalt and dirt in the 428,000km its toured.

Once I get into the build on the truck ill put up a thread to keep everyone up to date, but other then that this is the "Black Pearl"

2abe5d53-444d-4b31-9ae2-9cb41ca1df47_zps5b3320ea.jpg

Sweet ride! I have a 95 Chevy Tahoe with the 6.5L. I've got 284,000 miles on her now and she's running great!

It's good to see another old school GM diesel on the forum.

Casey

arveetek

Adventurer
I always wanted a 6.5 Tahoe/Yukon

I got really lucky when I found mine. Just happened to stumble across it at a dealer's lot one Sunday afternoon. Purchased it next day. That was 9 years ago.

Shot of mine on an Arkansas trail:

normal_1379804_10201612915300482_317361621_n~0.jpg

Casey

arveetek

Adventurer
86 K5 Blazer M1009 CUCV, 6.2l Detroit Diesel, Locked Front, 12K Winch, Newly installed Soft Topper. I love this truck! :ylsmoke:

IMG_20141004_082324_zpsb7399cf8.jpg

Nice rig! I have a soft spot in my heart for Blazers and the ol' 6.2L diesels. I've owned quite a few over the years. Still driving a 6.5L daily. I still consider my current rig a Blazer / K5, even though it says "Tahoe" on the tailgate!!

Casey

soldierman79

Observer
Nice rig! I have a soft spot in my heart for Blazers and the ol' 6.2L diesels. I've owned quite a few over the years. Still driving a 6.5L daily. I still consider my current rig a Blazer / K5, even though it says "Tahoe" on the tailgate!!

Casey

Thanks!

At first I didn't know how to feel about the 6.2l NA. Good at lots of things just not great. Sounds like a washing machine full of hammers. But it gets great fuel milage! It's grown on me and I wouldn't trade it for nothing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior