Lets see some full size pictures...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
14880841175_f2d53798c0_o.jpg

That's probably the only Expedition I would ever be proud to own!

hoov100

More pics and info on Sñr Burro please!

No trip pics yet, she's been around plenty in socal, AZ, vegas and northern mexico though. Moved up to north dakota a couple years ago and have taken it around up here (including snapping a ujoint in BFE when it was 30 below and snowing. That was a long ****ty hike back)

Specs are a kingpin D60 up front with an Elocker waiting to go in it, rear is a REALLY tight truetrack D70, 35" duratracs, built trans, builtish motor. waiting to install I Have a 25 gallon water tank that takes up some unusable space in the cab, have an engine heated 2.3g hot water tank that is connected to a little water pump that is going to have camlock fittings that go to the rear of the truck. It's going to have a separate water pump to help circulation the coolant to the rear and a bypass so I can run my rear heater.

Rear power is going to be provided via a statpower 2k watt inverter mounted inside the rear 1/4 panel area and the outlets and panel are going to be mounted by the spare tire inside the cab. lighting throughout provided by2 36" bright *** LED strips one in the cargo area and one on the hatch, plus the 52 inch LED light bar up front. The majority of the stay aboard cargo is going to be in a bedbox which will double as a basis for a sleeping platform. The factory little popout vent in the rear is going to be replaced by an RV style one with a fan.

I was planning on having a small coleman propane grill that would be mounted to a board with two locating pins that I could drop onto the rear bumper along with a cutting board or something next to it. I think my basis is pretty well thought out and covered. After how I grew up as a kid with nothing more then an ice chest and clean rags to wash up with regardless if it's cold or hot I don't believe in having an onboard fridge or electronic ice chest, I know how to salt and prepare meat so it's a non issue, also doesn't help that I grew up in a desert and am used to drinking things at any given room temp. (minus alcohol)

StrykerX

Great Lakes Xterras

No offroad pictures yet, just got the Cognito 4-6" NTBD lift kit installed. Now I just need to make a tire, wheels, gearing, and shock decision.

trailbound

very impressive & capable rig

do you have a writeup anywhere on that rear tire carrier?

Thanks AA, I don't have a write up but can tell you that it is tied into the interior roll cage that is tied to the frame… The 37 in BFG on there stays put and does not wobble at all.
There are many photos of the build on
http://bcfabrication.com
under PROJECTS, then BIG YELLOW BURB

More than happy to take more pics… PM me if you have ?'s

Last edited:

fubar

Adventurer
70eb79252e5e08bf50389684e46b0bb2.jpg

2011 Ford F150 and Conqueror Compact do the Valley of the Gods. The 2 American Iron big boys kept up fine with the Rover crew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94